2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission Pictures & Other Goods

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Transmission Pictures & Other Goods

If you're gonna buy the parts piece by piece you don't put them on your truck like that lol. You put them in your basement. Then when you have everything you need you put it on the truck. C'mon dude you know better than that

Old 04-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cereal Killer

If you're gonna buy the parts piece by piece you don't put them on your truck like that lol. You put them in your basement. Then when you have everything you need you put it on the truck. C'mon dude you know better than that
Better yet, piece together the money you need to buy a proper kit (one with parts designed to work together), and then just buy it and install it.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:25 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Silver_Dodge

Better yet, piece together the money you need to buy a proper kit (one with parts designed to work together), and then just buy it and install it.
now why would you want to do that?

Old 04-05-2008, 09:42 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Silver_Dodge

This might be a good option if you don't know what you are doing but if he researches some and finds out whats good and whats not he could easily piece together a kit and save himself some money on it and get something just as good or not better than a prebuilt kit for a fraction of the price.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:17 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well that's my problem though, I'm really not interested in buying a "kit". I have a loan I'm paying right now, if I ever got to the point where I had over $1,000 at one time, I'd really awfully guilty putting it towards something silly, as opposed towards my loan. That's why buying the pieces one at a time appeals to me. This way I'm only spending bits of cash at a time, and spacing it out. That's where I need you gusy![8D]. It would be nice if you guys could help me find the necessary parts to make this lift proper in the front end. And I'll just keep stacking the parts up in the basement until it's safe to start putting them in. So if anybody has the energy, I'd would really appreciate it if somebody could help me get all the matching and correct pieces I need to make the front end right (control arms, pitman, sways, etc.). I'm not sure of all the parts I need, but it'd be a big help. Thanks guys

Old 04-07-2008, 11:42 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

I honestly say just take the spacer out so it's back to stock height until after you get the transmission payed off then you can work on saving for a loan.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:47 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

Drop pitman arm and trac bar brackets
http://pavementsucks.com/forums/view...p?topic=121905

Sway Bar Drop Brackets
http://pavementsucks.com/forums/view...p?topic=121685

Thats several of the parts needed I found by just looking on the first page of the for sale section of PS.com. It shouldn't be hard to find the rest if you just look around eBay and PS.com and maybe even here although I think for lift stuff PS is way better.

Or you can just get a 3" lift kit so you will only have 3" of lift instead of 4.5" and you won't have to have all these parts. You will basically just need coils to replace the offroad coils and shocks. Some kits come with lower control arms but you don't need those. For the rear just an AAL.

Quick Reply: Transmission Pictures & Other Goods