2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Battery Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 01:16 PM
tigerhornet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Battery Problems

Alright so whenever I drive my truck on a cold day, the battery acts up. It basically charges too much, like up to the point where it turns off my stereo and my amp. I took it to Advance Auto, and they tested the battery. The guy basically told me to clean the corrosion off of the terminals (there was a lot) and put this goop crap on there. Well I did that, and it got a little bit better, but it still goes up too far, and every once in a while the amp turns off (it takes less to turn off the amp than to turn off the stereo).

So is this a problem with my battery, or my alternator, or what? Thanks in advance.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:32 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like you need a bigger alternator for your stereo.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

By any chance does your amp go to 11?

Old 12-24-2008, 07:28 PM
tigerhornet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would me needing more power via the alternator cause it to go too high? and it doesn't really do this in the summer (i've had the amp/sub since the summer), just when it starts to get cold, and even then, it's kind've selective.

Yeah, the amp goes to 11. 'Why couldn't you just make it go to 10 and make 10 louder?' 'Uh......... This amp goes to 11.'- That what you were thinkin? haha.

Quick Reply: Battery Problems