2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Door Problems

Old 12-15-2008, 11:18 PM
lpd57
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Door Problems

I have a 1995 Ram Regular cab and the hinge pins and bushing are worn out and causeing it to leak I can't find replacement ones does anybody no where I can find them or what I need to do

Old 12-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Keegan
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem with mine. Whenever I go over bumps, the door shakes like its somewhat open... I can hear the door hitting the striker.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:52 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know where to purchase the pins and bushings, but I do know it is easy to buy the whole assembly (pins/bushings/hinge) from a junkyard and bolt it on. I did it to my dads truck several years back. Just make sure the junkyard ones are good.

I have also just adjusted the whole assembly with the worn bushings/pins. Mine are kinda worn on my truck and I noticed it when the door started hitting the striker latch. All I did was loosen the bolts on the lower hinge (very slightly), lift the door up a smidgen to where it was lined up and closed properly, and then tightened the bolts back up. It has been working good for the last few years since I did it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Door Problems