2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rebuilding nv4500

Old 12-07-2019, 02:00 PM
Jmikk
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilding nv4500

Anyone done this at home before? I screwed up today and my foot slipped off the side of the clutch pedal mid 3rd gear shift and now she’s knocking in that gear. Must have taken off some teeth. I can order the gears for the counter shaft and main shaft, how do I replace them exactly

Old 12-07-2019, 03:11 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Download the service manual for your truck from here. (assuming it is indeed a second gen...) Procedures should be in there. Read thru 'em a couple times, see if it is something you are comfortable with attempting.

Old 12-08-2019, 08:07 AM
Jmikk
Professional

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Download the service manual for your truck from here. (assuming it is indeed a second gen...) Procedures should be in there. Read thru 'em a couple times, see if it is something you are comfortable with attempting.

im pretty confident and comfortable. I’ll give this a read through and see what it’s all about! Thank you

Old 12-08-2019, 08:14 PM
Jmikk
Professional

manual Doesn’t mention something I’m wondering. can I replace just third on the counter shaft or do I need a new one if that’s the one I wiped out. Yet to check, hoping it’s the main shaft gear.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:13 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Just replace the worn/damaged parts. Only way to know what you need, is to tear it down, and have a look.

Old 12-09-2019, 02:41 PM
Jmikk
Professional

Just replace the worn/damaged parts. Only way to know what you need, is to tear it down, and have a look.

yeah I’m just going to send it and replace everything. Made a sale on some things that were Sitting around and I can afford it all. I’m excited

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rebuilding nv4500