2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4wd vac lines again

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 10:33 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4wd vac lines again

ok, finally got mad at the ram and started fixing alot of its little problems, oone of the biggest is the no 4wd. so i got lookin at it found no vac pressure in either line, at any time, so it is a source problem, so i followed lines and found two van lines that come from the transfer case, to the engine bay. now i know i have no vac to the blow controls so i have defrost all the time...

back to the source, i found where the little male end of the vac source in the intake manafold, and there is nothing hooked up, one of the reasons i have a little high idle. so i need to get these ;liones hooked back up.

one of the lines is longer then the other and that one is gray, the other one ahs a little end on it like it is supposed to go to something spacific but what that is i dont know.

can anyone explain to me where all the vac lines on my truck are supposed to hook up and maybe a pic of theres so i can see what it is supposed to be.

the lpuic i am looking for is the passengers side of the motor where the blower motor gets its vac from and the is one or two tee's there.

and maybe some info on where that gray 4wd line goes?

Old 03-05-2009, 06:50 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

bump... anyone got anything?

i want my 4wd back

Old 03-06-2009, 12:53 AM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll take a picture of mine in the morning ... it's a 360 but it should be the same.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:26 AM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker

Ok, hope this is what you need:

Name:  DSCF0028.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  69.4 KB

Name:  DSCF0029.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  67.1 KB

Name:  DSCF0030.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  59.9 KB

Good ... yes?

Old 03-06-2009, 10:52 AM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

ok, yea wow, i dont have half those line,s like where the cruise hooks up, i dont have, that 4wd line i have to fige out, cause i have the blower control line that comes down, that t or u or whatever it is, but i have to go get some vac line and start hookin things up... but yes very helpful. thank you

anmd mopw that i go back and look, that gray line that goes down to the transfer, also has another line, like theres two fo them going down, but i only see on hook up in the pics. any ideas?

Old 03-07-2009, 05:01 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

any ideas on my last???

Old 03-07-2009, 06:00 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

HUH? So you replaced the motor and didn't label any of the hoses I guess! Sounds like a cluster F..k to me.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:48 PM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by meanwhitemopar
ok, yea wow, i dont have half those line,s like where the cruise hooks up, i dont have, that 4wd line i have to fige out, cause i have the blower control line that comes down, that t or u or whatever it is, but i have to go get some vac line and start hookin things up... but yes very helpful. thank you

anmd mopw that i go back and look, that gray line that goes down to the transfer, also has another line, like theres two fo them going down, but i only see on hook up in the pics. any ideas?
Don't have any idea where the other one is coming from (or going to). I've only got the single:

Name:  DSCF0032.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  95.8 KB

Old 03-07-2009, 11:57 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

ok. i will get my vac lines straight, and let everyone know whats going on, but if you follow that grayhe transfer case, about behind the distrubuter there is another line, that is about a fourarms length shourter then that gray one.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:06 AM
Wickedwiggles
Veteran

How come he gets pictures!! heh

Quick Reply: 4wd vac lines again