2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2001 Sport Headlight Schematic

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 08:01 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Sport Headlight Schematic

Can anybody help find me a wiring schematic for a 2001 Ram 1500 sport headlight (four bulb system)? I have it back at the stereo shop to have them fix their job, and they need the schematic. It would be much appreciated.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Viper37
Banned

Should be in the Christmas thread, the Service Manual.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:06 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

If they mucked it up, and they said they'd fix it, why do they have you looking for the schematic? They should be looking for it and taking care of you, not the other way around.

My two cents. I will see if I can find some sort of schematic other than the bulb wires.

Your inner high beam bulbs (next to the grille) are 9004s, the outers (lows) are 9007s.

Last edited by jasonw; 03-23-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:26 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

In the 2001 manual, check out section 8W, Wiring. You probably want to print out pages 8W-50-1 through 8W-50-13. Only 13 pages, and its all the wiring diagrams for the entire front lighting system, sport quads and non-sport duals.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:04 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Spectacular, thank you Jason!

Yeah, these guys are jokes. About two years ago, I had them switch my four headlamp system to a two headlamp system because I accidentally bought non-sport headlights. Then, I finally was able to buy new sport headlights, so I had them switch the two headlamp system back to the factory four headlamp system last summer. Well, after I got it back, my highbeams were coming on at the same time as my lowbeams. I just never really had anytime to bring it back with the whole transmission ordeal, so I just unplugged the highbeams for the interim. Finally, I'm getting a chance to have them get it right now that I want a highbeam HID kit.

Is there a way that I can print out those 13 specific pages? Forgive me, I suck with computers.

Last edited by 05DodgeRamHemi; 03-23-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:16 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01DodgeRam360
Spectacular, thank you Jason!

Yeah, these guys are jokes. About two years ago, I had them switch my four headlamp system to a two headlamp system because I accidentally bought non-sport headlights. Then, I finally was able to buy new sport headlights, so I had them switch the two headlamp system back to the factory four headlamp system last summer. Well, after I got it back, my highbeams were coming on at the same time as my lowbeams. I just never really had anytime to bring it back with the whole transmission ordeal, so I just unplugged the highbeams for the interim. Finally, I'm getting a chance to have them get it right now that I want a highbeam HID kit.
You probably don't want a high beam HID kit to be honest. Most things I've read do not recommend them for the highbeams as it's bad for HID's to be flashed on and off. They are meant to be turned on and left on not flashed. Since you basically turn high beams on and off for short period of times it's horrible on the HID's. If they don't last you will know why. Most things I've read recommend HID's for the low beams and halogens for the high beams if you are going to run HID's. Although I know some people do run kits in both places.

That being said I'd still want them to fix it. Are they doing it for free or do you keep paying for it? If you are paying I'd find a new shop.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:20 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Good point Wayne, I hadn't thought about that. I suppose that's the disadvantage of a four headlamp system. I guess I'll just put some ultra bright halogens in there for when there is nobody on the roads. They should not be charging me since I've already paid them last summer.

Quick Reply: 2001 Sport Headlight Schematic