DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   Kegger and throttle body mod's completed. (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/198567-kegger-and-throttle-body-mods-completed.html)

olyelr 04-26-2009 09:59 PM

Kegger and throttle body mod's completed.

2 Attachment(s)
Well, since I have been waiting several days now for the Hughes plenum kit to show up, I figured I would use the down time to perform some mod's on the intake and throttle body. Although I probably have somewhere around 5 or 6 hours into them, it was fairly simple and fun to do. The kegger didnt turn out anywhere near as nice as Silver's, nor the throttle body like Fastmans, but hopefully they will do the trick. Tools used were just a simple Dremel tool with several cut off bits and griding wheels, a sawzaw for the intake, and a drill with some other grider/sander bits and such.

Attachment 107367

Attachment 107368

As some may have noticed, I left the small wall between the two throttle body holes on the intake. Anyone see a problem with this, or would I be way better off to remove it? It just seemed to be quite a pain to reach and get at, so I left it.

Hopefully between these two mods I will see some better throttle response, and possibly some slightly better MPG's (and with no issues with codes like some people have gotten). Now its just waiting till the Hughes kit comes in so I can complete this long drawn out project of mine.

dodge15004x45.9 04-26-2009 10:03 PM

It done look bad for 5-6 hrs!

EndIsNear 04-26-2009 10:09 PM

Looks awesome. You should definantly notice a difference. My modded throttle body looks like crap because the Dremel I used wasn't a "real" Dremel, just an offbrand. I borrowed it, and it didn't do worth a damn. Would't grind anything without binding up. No power at all. I wouldn't see any problem in the kegger though. The small piece wouldn't really affect any flow problems from what I can see. Anyways, great job!

2damnyankee 04-26-2009 10:17 PM

looks good yelr hell i have everything to do it just cant find the rite time to tear down the motor for a few days to do what i want to do I have the hughes kit, 1.7 RR's 14x3 aircleaner, 8.5 mm wires, msd blaster coil, msd cap and rotor,new EGR valve, just everything. just cant find the down time to do it, the longer i wait soon i'll have everything to just rebuild the motor and wont have time to swap it out LOL

olyelr 04-26-2009 10:37 PM

Haha, thanks for the nice comments guys. But dont let the pics fool ya, its like trick photograpy with the flash on shiny objects... makes it look much more shiny than it really is :D

2damnyakee, boy that does sound like a project. But I would add a new water pump and timing chain/gears to your list (if you have lots of miles on the motor and they are original). Might as well do those while your in there too, before you get forced to by a breakdown later down the road.

95MaroonMonster 04-27-2009 12:41 AM

speaking of timing chain, i want to do a timing gear conversion, with straight cut gears for that sweet gear wine

Hot RODerick 04-27-2009 01:00 AM

Throttle body spacers

Being redundant i'm sure...but do these simple bolt on contraptions work on Ram 1500 hemi trucks.

Laramie1997 04-27-2009 01:07 AM

Most of them just help the truck breath better than before.
The throttle body mod, usually helps with throttle response, and usually makes the old butt dyno feel good.
EDIT: Wow I didnt even see that part about the hemi. I dont think you would have to do the same things, except for the ported throttle body.

Silver_Dodge 04-27-2009 01:17 AM

Looks very good olyelr. When you going to install them?

olyelr 04-27-2009 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Silver_Dodge (Post 1646169)
Looks very good olyelr. When you going to install them?

Thanks! As soon as my Hughes plenum plate comes in I will be finishing it all up, which it may very well be coming today some time, so possibly tonight :D.

I will be sure to update everyone on how the mods perform on my truck. I am not looking for much... hoping just for a little better throttle response and such. An extra mile per gallon or 5 would be good also :rolleyes:.