2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

OMG...WTF! Dealership is closed

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Steel Horse
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well they aint gonna be finding it anytime soon cause its sitting in san antonio at the dam transmission shop for 2 months

Old 06-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Kindschi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I repossess cars for a living so heres some advice from me. Did you pay the dealership or a bank? Easy way to check is to call or visit your states DMV office and ask them to run a check on the title to see what liens are attached and there contact information. Id do it by phone because if you call the head office you may get somewhere, local offices may not know how to do it. And if there is nothing different Id send the certified letter with your payment and use a check not cash, check back next month before your payment is due again to see if its changed and if not send another certified letter. At least this way if they do get your truck you can prove in court you did try to pay your bill, this may open the way for a civil lawsuit and with those letters you gave a good chance of winning.

In 2 months if you still have not found out whats going on I would def hide the truck or park it in the garage and cover up the VIN plate with a piece of paper or something, the VIN is all over the truck but at least this buys you time if they catch you at work you or someone else may notice someone under the truck looking for the VIN. If you house is not attached to the garage I would buy a lock and drill a hole in the rail for the garage door and lock it at night, and black out any garage windows also pull the fuel pump relay under the hood (I would do this at work also). This may deter them form getting it the first time they find it. In Missouri at least if the roof does not attached to the dwelling we are allowed to enter as long as we dont cause due harm (break anything). And I have keys alot of time since alot of lien holder hold a key.
Because someone knows you owe them money and weather they do or do not tell you or not is not there problem the law is on there side, you default on the loan you pay with your truck. I've delt with this before where someones car loan was sold without there knowledge (and it is not against the law) and they never got a bill from the new company, they mail there payment to there normal lien holder and it just comes back to them, most times they figure they have slipped through the cracks of the system and dont have to pay the rest.

At the very least keep your truck payment money dont blow it! If you get nothing in the mail for a few weeks i'd start looking for a lawyer to check into your case because odds are you will need one. A local Chevy dealer closed overnight 8 months ago, co worker bought a brand new cobolt from them and he cant drive it because they never released the title to the lien holder but he still has to pay his note because even the dmv shows a lien against the car. But without the title in Missouri you cannot plate the car. His case is making headway but he still cant drive the car and has to pay his payments on time. Lien holder says they will issue a Repo order if they dont get there money (and they can) and they will just sit on the car untill the title comes through (and they will ive seen a car sit at the lot for 5 months before) Push comes to shove the banks are to big and have more resources then you.

Hope this helps, hope you get this figured out.

Quick Reply: OMG...WTF! Dealership is closed