DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   Large Lift (evil twin suspension) (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/205347-large-lift-evil-twin-suspension.html)

dodge15004x45.9 06-29-2009 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kindschi (Post 1720946)
That 12in kit loooks SICK!

Thats what your truck is for?:icon_shrug: Well the cummins anyway. :icon_shrug:

willstruck 07-02-2009 01:36 AM

Lifts always seem weird as advertised. I mean, a 3" lift would get me 35s easily, but a 12" lift looks like 37's are the max... I think for 2800, you could have a company make you the springs custom, and 44's would fit...

Well, the company in my hometown anyway. Springs for a few hundred, exactly how you want, a few drop down brackets online, 4 link arms online (or have someone make them) seems like a better deal

Kindschi 07-02-2009 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9 (Post 1720952)
Thats what your truck is for?:icon_shrug: Well the cummins anyway. :icon_shrug:

Be wicked to have it on my Gaser. Dont need a 12in for the mud, its only fun if the truck gets down and dirty and into spots you may not make it out of. I dont wanna be one of those guys who has a truck so high they just put put around the whole time.

iwhitne 07-03-2009 11:48 AM

I'd get a matching front and rear bumper before moving on to a lift.. and maybe a roll bar as well.. 10" is just stupid for a 1500.. you need to re gear it get larger brakes and kiss your tranny good bye! but hey.. to each their own!be sure to post pics

Bamadodge13 07-06-2009 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by iwhitne (Post 1725002)
I'd get a matching front and rear bumper before moving on to a lift.. and maybe a roll bar as well.. 10" is just stupid for a 1500.. you need to re gear it get larger brakes and kiss your tranny good bye! but hey.. to each their own!be sure to post pics

The rear bumper is going to be here tomorrow and winch is in the garage and if i do get a 10 inch lift in a couple of years it will be after i have another truck as my daily driver and it will be my play truck for mud bogs down here...........it might not even happen just gettin info together :icon_mrgreen: haha and i just posted a tranny thread

Bamadodge13 07-06-2009 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by iwhitne (Post 1725002)

And btw are those the black housing headlights off ebay? im looking at buying some...could you tell a diffrence compared to the stock ones?

dodge15004x45.9 07-06-2009 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Kindschi (Post 1724066)
Be wicked to have it on my Gaser. Dont need a 12in for the mud, its only fun if the truck gets down and dirty and into spots you may not make it out of. I dont wanna be one of those guys who has a truck so high they just put put around the whole time.

I'll take the 5" skyjacker so you can upgrade?:) Or the hole truck for that matter. I want that Fuking sticker!!!!!

iwhitne 07-06-2009 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bamadodge13 (Post 1727205)
And btw are those the black housing headlights off ebay? im looking at buying some...could you tell a diffrence compared to the stock ones?

I see.. sounds like a lift would be cool as long as it's not your daily driver :) lol I would love to have those bumpers too!! Headlights work well.. but I use my hella 500FF's most of the time! I drive to work ar about 3:30am everyday so there are very few (if any) vehicles on the road

Bamadodge13 07-08-2009 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by iwhitne (Post 1727909)
I see.. sounds like a lift would be cool as long as it's not your daily driver :) lol I would love to have those bumpers too!! Headlights work well.. but I use my hella 500FF's most of the time! I drive to work ar about 3:30am everyday so there are very few (if any) vehicles on the road

yea im going to get 5 piaa's on the front of my ranchhand and mount backup lights on the rear once i get it mounted......btw i saw your center console..that is sick man...im gonna use your demensions and build one soon

meanwhitemopar 07-08-2009 05:08 AM

as for lifts. i am building my own custom 7-8 inch lift right now... and i payed 1700... and it will be a flex monster and always upgradable. i can always go higher... and its all the bestparts i could find...

skyjacker 7inch front coils
DTprofab extended adjustable tracbar
Dick cepek Long Arm Box kit
BDS Shackle flip
tough country 3inch add a leafs
bilstian 5100 shocks....

always able to upgrade. oh and that is all going on top of my new Dana 60 Axles.... gears 5.13 on 37X12.50 SSR's

sure ill get stuck, but hey, im a rescue vehicle... the fords and some chevs will get stuck first...