2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

power driver's seat

Old 08-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Keegan
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default power driver's seat

quick question... not sure if anyone will have an answer

picked up a set of split bench seats for the truck. The driver's seat is power.

I hooked it up to a battery and all the functions seem to work, but in the forward, backward slider mode, is there supposed to be a motor active on BOTH rails, or just one? I have a feeling there should be two moving because there are threaded rods in both seat rails, but I only have one motor running.. the right side of the seat.

Anyone have a definite answer for this one?!

Old 08-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Ram15002ndGen
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does your seat turn in circles like a wheelchair when you only turn one wheel? In all seriousness, you have threaded rods for stability and to hold the seat in place, not because you need two motors. My Mustang has power seats and it only has one motor. Unless you weigh more than the truck does, it doesn't need two motors to move both you and the seat.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Gord.
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my seats there is one motor, but it has a cable coming out of each side so that it evenly moves both sides of the seat.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Keegan
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay just checking! I've never had power seats, and I didn't want to go through the pain of removing them once installed, so I figured I'd ask! Thanks!

P.S. Should I lube the slider rails/ threaded rods with a silicone lube or grease them?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: power driver's seat