2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

408 tuning help

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 10:34 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that 408 powerful enough to do burnout ??

Old 10-11-2009, 11:00 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Jbomb,

You didn't have the detent ball in the rooster comb in the right position when you reinstalled the VB.
You need to find neutral (real neutral, regardless of what the indicator says) Ebrake and chock the wheels and popthe pan.
Then disconnect the linkages and move the detent to true neutral and reconnect. Make aure you get thw linkage all the way down on the post.w

You didn't have the detent ball in the correct position when you r

Old 10-12-2009, 08:48 PM
jbomb
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well the guy from fairbanks said that it sounds like I am getting too much pressure into the govoner silanoid(spelling I know) And the computer will read this and automaticly start in a higher gear. we will see

Old 10-17-2009, 12:18 PM
jbomb
Veteran

Well I droped the valve body and looked it over and split it apart. I did not however remove the valves. Put it all together and it worked great.

Bad news

I saw an article from krc performance on how to set the iac steps. I followed it to a t and now the truck wants to drop the rpms like a rock once into closed loop mode when at a constant rpm. Now I am trying to get that sorted out. Suck I reallly want to get a vid out to you guys.

Anyone know what fault code 331 is

Anyway I will be running it on a snapon scanner toningt. Yesterday when I took it in an he reset the iac steps it showed a crank positon senor error. Even tho its new it may be bad or have short. Anyway will let you guys know.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:34 PM
busaguy05
Professional

I fond out on my that you have to use a scan tool to "sync" the cam position sensor and crank position sensor. Did you have this done yet? As for your fault code p0331 is a knock sensor code. Is your engine knocking at all?

Last edited by busaguy05; 10-17-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:50 PM
jbomb
Veteran

That would be helpful but I am almots positve that our (my year) trucks dont have a knock sensor. So we connected her up to the ol snapon and watched the crank sensor counts( we got another cranck sensor code) and it hit zero several times and its not sopose to. So today I checked the voltage at the crank sensor conector and it speced out fine and I checked the ground and it seemed fine. I took the connectors off the pcm and sprayed everything with electrical connector cleaner. I also bought anoter asd relay just in case but I am going to drive it for a while to see if cleanig the connection helped.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:20 PM
jbomb
Veteran

still having the occainal porblem of the rpms dropping to zero and sometimes recovering and sometimes not. Checked the cranksenor signal voltage and it was fine. Cleaned the pcm connectors. Changed the asd(or is it ads) relay. And it hasnt fixed the problem yet. Its a new crank sensor but I will porbably replace it anyway this weekend. And if that does not fix it I am going to wire in my voltmeter to the signal wires and put it inbord to watch the voltage when I drive and when the problem occurs.

Quick Reply: 408 tuning help