2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge ram ride height

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 02:58 PM
lane
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree endisnear. We have a farm but we've never had a 4x4 truck. No need. If we cant get to the feild in 2wd then the 4x4 will just tear up the road anyway. But there are times a little more height would be beneficial.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:15 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by lane
I agree endisnear. We have a farm but we've never had a 4x4 truck. No need. If we cant get to the feild in 2wd then the 4x4 will just tear up the road anyway. But there are times a little more height would be beneficial.
More height because kids wanna go mudding down those dirt roads during wet weather and leave ruts so that we can bottom out in them lol. I've only driven on muddy dirt roads during rain if I had to shut off a pivot, but usually it did require a tractor lol. And yes, If it was muddy, that was usually the day we spent at the barn fixing crap because we couldn't do anything in the field lol.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:43 PM
lane
Veteran

Originally Posted by EndIsNear
More height because kids wanna go mudding down those dirt roads during wet weather and leave ruts so that we can bottom out in them lol. I've only driven on muddy dirt roads during rain if I had to shut off a pivot, but usually it did require a tractor lol. And yes, If it was muddy, that was usually the day we spent at the barn fixing crap because we couldn't do anything in the field lol.
every year we flatten the road with the tractor (with a snow plow lol plows ground just as well ) and by the time fall comes around its pretty rutted. But most of the time my 2wd dakota goes through fine.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:02 PM
97r/tram
Veteran

I go muddin in mine, but I know my limits and don't slow down once im in the mudhole.

I'm taking alot of heat for lifting the 2wd....and to think I haven't even put on the body lift yet

Old 03-09-2010, 07:47 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ now you need bigger tires.

ok, here's the height of a stock suspension 4wd, on 285-75-16, which are about 32" tall with about 50 psi of air.

measured from concrete floor to wheel well lip, at the center of the tire.
front - 38-1/4"
rear - 40-3/4"

and the rear has 3" blocks.

Quick Reply: Dodge ram ride height