2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

how do i adjust parking brake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 09:26 PM
yakkier
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Snorkel bitches! lol

Old 04-21-2010, 01:47 AM
chromed95
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dhvaughan
i adjust my parking brake where it locks up tight at about 3/4 of the travel of the foot pedal.

i set my parking brake on the boat ramp and it holds fine. i don't like to let it roll to the point where the transmission holds it. i've seen vehicles get stuck in park, where you couldn't shift it. i don't want to be in that position at a busy boat ramp.
Ya i don't want to be one of those guys either...plus if that happened I wouldn't want to have a chevy or ford guy see that my dodge can't shift out of park on the ramp! hahah!

Originally Posted by yakkier
Snorkel bitches! lol
HA!! that's called being prepared for the worst!...jokes on everybody at the lake that day who thought "that truck is screwed" until they see it drive out of the water!

Old 04-21-2010, 02:00 AM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I have gotten my truck almost stuck in park and that was in a friends yard on a little hill with my 3 wheelr in my bed I couldnt get it out of park so I had him push on my bumper and rock the truck till it came out of park

Most vehicles that end up in the water are related to idiot drivers versus malfunction, and I laugh at them when they have the boat on the trailer and this happens because nimrod on the boat just needs to stay on the throttle a little and it will keep said vehicle from swimming

Going swimming in a lake is not that bad compared to going into salt water, you total a vehicle the second it goes into saltwater because it will never be right, the best part is having a tow truck come get you out and paying the fines for pollution and paying a haz-mad diver to hook up your truck

Last edited by redheadhunter21; 04-21-2010 at 02:04 AM.

Quick Reply: how do i adjust parking brake?