2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

98 Dodge Ram 5.9 No Spark No Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 09:59 PM
pickup
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my truck was the ground from the pcm to the firewall and what is funny when all this first happen i took and ran a ground from the - on the battery to the pcm and still didnt have anything but then took and ran one from the pcm to the fire wall and truck started rite up after 2 weeks and almost $700 in parts ha ha but she is going now

Old 05-03-2012, 11:56 PM
confusedmopar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 5.9 no spark no fuel

I have read this thread and I am getting no spark and no fuel the starter cranks fine and i can hear the fuel pump turn on, except the fuel pump doesn't just prime and shut off it stays on. also at the same time my interior lights went out and i am having the no spark and no fuel. it had a dead battery one day i jumped it i drove it for a bit then shut it off, then 2 days later also dead battery so hook up a battery charger and i got the problem i currently have. I checked all the fuses and relays they are all good went to go see if i had power to ignition coil i didnt but went and got a new ignition coil because of a warranty. Today i was told to change cam shaft sensor so i did. still same problem. I am thinking about changing the crank sensor, but as pickup's problem it was a loose wire is there any way i can check to make sure im even getting power out of the PCM? and do you know what this problem could be? Thanks for any advice.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:52 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by confusedmopar
I have read this thread and I am getting no spark and no fuel the starter cranks fine and i can hear the fuel pump turn on, except the fuel pump doesn't just prime and shut off it stays on. also at the same time my interior lights went out and i am having the no spark and no fuel. it had a dead battery one day i jumped it i drove it for a bit then shut it off, then 2 days later also dead battery so hook up a battery charger and i got the problem i currently have. I checked all the fuses and relays they are all good went to go see if i had power to ignition coil i didnt but went and got a new ignition coil because of a warranty. Today i was told to change cam shaft sensor so i did. still same problem. I am thinking about changing the crank sensor, but as pickup's problem it was a loose wire is there any way i can check to make sure im even getting power out of the PCM? and do you know what this problem could be? Thanks for any advice.

Get a gauge and check fuel pressure. It should not run continuous. And just because it does run, does not mean it's pumping fuel. Need to verify regardless.

Quick Reply: 98 Dodge Ram 5.9 No Spark No Fuel