2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

97 Engine Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 11:50 AM
komasix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Engine Wiring Harness

Anyone know where I can get a complete engine wiring harness for a 97 ram 4wd, auto, ext cab? I have not had any luck with the salvage yards and am hoping to avoid the dealer.

As a second option, does anyone know if the pins on the connectors can be removed so new individual wires can be installed without having to splice a bunch of wires?

Thanks,

Old 07-29-2010, 05:13 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.car-parts.com is basically an inventory of all salvage yards in america. I wish i used them when I needed a wiring harness for my 1996.

You can search by zip code. Or you can do a national search. Should cost bwtween 275 and 450. Make sure that you only get the wnegine wiring harness, and not the underhood harness. That includes everything from the fuse box to the engine to the lights.

Search there and let us know what you find. ensure you have the correct year, tranny (2 or 4wd) and engine. THen you should be good.

Quick Reply: 97 Engine Wiring Harness