2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I have a good idea

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 12:10 AM
95broncoxlt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a good idea

Dodge I have come up with a plan that may help your truck sales greatly. Any average consumer looking at buying a Dodge Ram is rightfully going to be concerned with the Transmission blowing apart. Well instead of them getting scared away and going to buy another more reliable brand such as Ford or Chevy Dodge can offer a spare Tranny mounted right next to the spare tire. That way the first Tranny is on Dodge!

Old 05-30-2005, 01:36 AM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I have a good idea

Thats a good idea, but I had a 2000 F150 4x4 Off Road 4 Dr and the steering box sheared away from the frame (14000 miles) when I pulled outta my driveway one day, Ford said it was defective bolts (I still laugh about that one) so given the choice, I would take a blown tranny(Dodge) over no steering (Ford) while doing 55 MPH anyday....I have Chevy stories also If that doesnt convince ya (rod knocking *&^#@!!).............

Old 05-30-2005, 08:28 AM
zeekxxx
Captain

Even better is learn to drive stick shift and you cut the trans problems down by 80%

I dont hear too many problems with the stick. But the auto has alot.

Good idea though.

Old 05-31-2005, 12:05 AM
Tani1500
Champion

thats a cool idea but then again its stupid and not realistic. if they gave it to you in a crate that you can put in your garage maybe. but why the hell would you want to add more weight to your truck and it would probly get damaged anyway.

Old 05-31-2005, 04:11 PM
Midnight Magnum

My dad recently passed down his 99 RAM 5.2L auto (2 wheel only) to me and I absolutely hate hte way it shifts. Very sloppy. It sounds like it's a new person trying to learn how to drive a stick... Are they this way from the way the computer is programmed?? My dad bought a new 05 RAM w/ HEMI and I love how it drives.

WHile I have this truck, I would like to get the best out of it, but I am a muscle car guy.... I like fast Stangs, Magnum RT's, new GTO's, etc. I really wasn't looking for a truck, but it was given to me. I'm having a hard time looking for some long tube's for this thing.

Old 05-31-2005, 05:51 PM
zeekxxx
Captain

You wont find long tubes yet. Unless Im mistaken - The 2 wheel drives might be different but the 4x4's long tubes are in testing right now. No time set for release but if you keep the truck check this forum. I plan to buy them ASAP and Ill post up pictures and my thoughts.

Good Luck

Old 05-31-2005, 07:12 PM
Midnight Magnum

THanks. I may keep the truck for about a year, it all depends if it will be problem-free. I hear lots of tranny issues around here. I wonder what it will take for it the keep up with a stock hemi truck?

Old 06-01-2005, 06:00 AM
Redneck2345
Veteran

check out www.summitracing.com I belive they have longtubes for you 2x4

Old 06-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Blown_Tranny

ORIGINAL: Midnight Magnum

THanks. I may keep the truck for about a year, it all depends if it will be problem-free. I hear lots of tranny issues around here. I wonder what it will take for it the keep up with a stock hemi truck?
Get rid of it now, it will only last you a matter of days!

Old 06-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blown_Tranny, is you don't stop the continuous negativity, you'll be banned. PLease understand you are at a Dodge Enthusiasts site and we'll support the brand we love. Most people... no matter what. State your opinion, but stop with the continuous ragging of Dodges. Thanks.

~Amanda

Quick Reply: I have a good idea