DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   Need help with codes and "no bus" (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/262460-need-help-with-codes-and-no-bus.html)

rooster4473 09-26-2010 10:34 PM

Need help with codes and "no bus"

This truck has been at a garage for 4 months, its been torn apart, scattered and ignored, you get the idea. The garage said they couldn't get the codes and they didnt know what was wrong with it, I finally got it home and kinda got it togeather. When I took it to the carage it would idle, but not much more, now it wont even start......

Last night I finally got the codes off my truck, there are 12 of them as follows:

P0121- tps voltage does not agree with map
P0122- throttle pos sens volt low
P0243- turbo boost limit exceeded
P0236- map sensor too high too long
P0351- fuel inj pump fuel valve feedback circ
P0252- fuel inj pump fuel valve stuck
P0253- fuel inj pump fuel valve open circ
P0380- glow plug circuit perf
P0382- intake air heater relay no2 ctrl circ
P1688- Internal fuel inj pump cont failure
P1689- no comm between ecm and inj pump mod
P1698- no ccd/j1850 msg from tcm/pcm
( I got the DTC codes from edgeproducts.com)

Id hazzad a guess that my VP44 is toast, but today I changed the battery cuz the one was dead, and I figured I'd clear the codes and read them again, just for fun....Any way my OBD2 now says "Link Error" and my odometer is saying "no bus"

If I turn the key on just enought for the trouble lights to come on they will all come on, then they all go out, then the odometer flashes 4X and the odometer reads "no bus" then the check engine light comes on.

I checked that one big plug in the fuse box under the hood on the drivers side and the bolt in it wont tighten down all the way, almost like its stipped out, and it has a little bit of play in the plug, but not a ton.

I also found what I think is a ground wire, its black and comes kinda off of the lip of the cowl more towards the passanger side of the truck, but im not sure where the other end should attach, it looks like it should go to the one bolt on the pcm but im not sure.

The lift pump cycles, im getting fuel to the injector pump and up to the injectors, the motor will turn over good but, but hasnt started.

Any help at all, any suggestions, esp how to get rid of the "no bus" code would be really appreciated, at least with the no bus code gone I could read the OBD codes.

HeyYou 09-27-2010 10:09 AM

This is a diesel?

Might wanna re-post this in the diesel forums. Probably get better response there.

zman17 09-27-2010 10:37 AM

I would think that ground wire is rather important. Try temporarily clamping it to the motor and see if anything changes.

prune 09-30-2011 07:49 PM

- 1999 dodge 2500 diesel need to know what P 1682 and 1693 codrs are for???

HeyYou 09-30-2011 08:22 PM

P1682 Charging Sys Voltage Too Low

P1693 DTC Detected in Companion JTEC Mod

First one indicates the alternator is not charging. No clue what the second one is.

zman17 10-01-2011 07:22 AM

Got this off another site.

"1693 is not a problem. It's called a "companion code". It just means that there was also a code present in the ECM. Whenever your truck throws a code, the P1693 companion code will show up also.
If you're CEL has come on, then you very well may have a code set of some sort, otherwise, just clear the 1693 code and all should be good."

Novarider 10-01-2011 07:29 AM

There is a ground from the pcm to the metal part that sticks out above it (what is that called?) If that's not connected the pcm isn't getting a proper ground and that can cause a no bus code