2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

build sheet

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey Buentello
I read every post. Some say jack it up and spin the tires by had others say it doesn't work. I'll check that little tag. I wasn't running friction modifier in my diff for years. Ooops. Also when I power brake my tires to " dig um in " at the beach only one tire spins.
sounds like you already have your answer ... you said its not on the build sheet and you said only one tire spins on sand.... therefore you dont have it. Sorry... perhaps if you ask again it will be there?
seriously though, In the off chance that someone added one after wards it isnt working at this point or you would have had both tires dig into the sand.

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 12-15-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:49 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey Buentello
I read every post. Some say jack it up and spin the tires by had others say it doesn't work. I'll check that little tag. I wasn't running friction modifier in my diff for years. Ooops. Also when I power brake my tires to " dig um in " at the beach only one tire spins.
There is normally a little sticker on the inside of your glove box that has some info on it, if there isn't any mention of a LSD then you have an open differential, welcome to the club.

1 wheel drive is great, you can prove a lot of 4x4 owner's wrong if you know how to drive

Old 12-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The shop that rebuilt mine said the clutches dont last long. If thats true than most of the factory LSD units out there would have worn out clutch packs and would not really be functioning anyway unless they were very low miles or recently rebuilt...

Old 12-15-2011, 05:58 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
sounds like you already have your answer ... you said its not on the build sheet and you said only one tire spins on sand.... therefore you dont have it. Sorry... perhaps if you ask again it will be there?
seriously though, In the off chance that someone added one after wards it isnt working at this point or you would have had both tires dig into the sand.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:32 AM
Joey Buentello
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well smart guys, I hadn't added the friction modifier to the diff when I spun them at the beach. Any way, I check the under hood tag, check the build sheet, and check the glove box. (Nothing in the glove box) Nothing about lsd. I thought it would be rather odd to not have limited slip in a 4x4. O well. 35inch BFG's and 4 lo get me out of just about anything. Knock on wood. Thanks for the help. Now if I could only adjust my parking break.

Quick Reply: build sheet