2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help with drivers side window !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 08:45 PM
cdtdsd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with drivers side window !!!

I have a 2001 ram 1500 and the window will not stay up. I can pull it up and down by hand.
I can hear the motor but something is broke and I think it's the window regulator.
I looked at the service manual but it's not clear to me on how to change it out.

Can somebody please post some step by step instructions on how to do it ? I have searched YouTube and all I see for dodge is a newer Durango from

And is this what I need to buy ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/94-01-Dodge-Ram-Truck-Power-Window-Regulator-w-Motor-Front-LH-Left-Driver-Side-/370795833014?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item56552766b6&vxp=mtr
Thanks for any help.....

Old 06-12-2013, 08:49 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It might be as simple as having fallen of the track. My mom's Ram van did this years ago. Just required pulling the door panel off and resetting the glass in the track and the regulator.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:18 AM
cdtdsd

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
It might be as simple as having fallen of the track. My mom's Ram van did this years ago. Just required pulling the door panel off and resetting the glass in the track and the regulator.
Ok good point. But if it came off the track and I put it back on somehow, then it will most likely do it again.

I really want it fixed once and done.

The door panel looks easy to get off, but it's the crap behind it that looks like a pain.

Thanks for the tip though.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:33 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Some folks simply glue the window back into the track. I think there is a specific glue for just such a purpose. Have a look, see what is going on, take it from there. Careful with the clips that hold the door panel on. They like to pull the plastic in the door panel apart, and then the panel won't stay in place any longer. Get the right tool for the job.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:13 PM
cdtdsd

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Some folks simply glue the window back into the track. I think there is a specific glue for just such a purpose. Have a look, see what is going on, take it from there. Careful with the clips that hold the door panel on. They like to pull the plastic in the door panel apart, and then the panel won't stay in place any longer. Get the right tool for the job.
Thanks for the info. Do you know what type of glue ? I'd like to pull the door panel and have the glue at hand and use it then if need be.
Thanks

Old 06-14-2013, 09:13 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

There was a thread about this somewhere in the past.... I don't recall who posted it though. Call the parts store, and have a chat with them, they should be able to make some recommendation, barring that, talk to a body shop.

Quick Reply: Help with drivers side window !!!