2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

94 dodge ram flywheel problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 08:30 AM
ryanbales94
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 94 dodge ram flywheel problems

I need some help... i just bought a brand new transmission for my 94 dodge ram 1500 and im having a little bit of trouble connecting the flywheel to my torque converter. ive got the left side and right side bolts lined up and bolted in correctly its just the top and the bottom i cant get connected. its off just a little bit and cant figure out why. ive tried pulling the trans back out and re doing it but for some strange reason no matter how i do it only 2 bolts line up perfectly. either left - right or top - bottom. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks!!

Old 07-10-2013, 06:30 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 07-11-2013, 09:54 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

The bolts will only line up one way, as the torque converter is used for balance on your truck. If it won't bolt up where it is, take out the bolts, turn the torque converter 90 degrees (quarter turn) and try again. Keep doing that until you can get all four bolts to line up.

You should be able to turn the torque converter without having to drop the trans again. If you can't, then it isn't lined up on the pump properly.

Quick Reply: 94 dodge ram flywheel problems