2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help with auto transmission reinstall

Old 11-02-2013, 08:09 PM
jlstephens32
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Help with auto transmission reinstall

I have a 1998 Ram 1500, 5.2, well at least that's what the body is. The engine and transmission each came from junkyards. I didn't do this, this truck was given to me. The transmission was just rebuilt and I am in the process of reinstalling it. They replaced the torque converter along with several other parts. I have gotten it up in there, but the bolt holes in the torque converter don't match up to the flex plate! I can get one in, but the other holes don't line up.. They are just a hair off. My friend who was helping me suggested we pull the tranny back and drill out the holes in the flex plate just a little to get it to fit. I'm a little iffy on this, but I don't want to have to pull the whole thing out again and take it back to the guys that rebuilt it. Is there anything I can do to remedy this. Could it be the engine came out of a car or a different year truck? I need help! My truck has already been down for two weeks and time is money, this is my work truck. Please, any ideas would be most helpful
After doing some research, I turned the engine by hand and was able to get a second bolt in.

Last edited by jlstephens32; 11-02-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with auto transmission reinstall