2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

timing chain cover gasket went

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 10:45 AM
xjarhead69
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
Two bolts come up from the oil pan? I didn't have to mess with the oil pan at all. When I did mine
Sounds like you may be missing some oil pan bolts.

Dave

Old 12-19-2013, 11:07 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

If you don't drain it down a bunch, that can be a problem. Doing an oil change at the same time is a good idea in any event.

Thank You for bringing that up.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No I have all my bolts. I changed my oil pump and screen because that stupid stock screen has a tiny little hole in it and got clogged up.

I did an oil change because I got antifreeze in my intake but that was because my intake manifold gasket failed the first time

Old 12-20-2013, 12:02 AM
TheBigRedTruck
Veteran

Use an air gun to get the crank bolt off. I did. It was oiled already (I guess from being in the engine?)

Old 12-28-2013, 09:12 AM
BackInBlack43
Professional

took a little longer than i was originally hoping for but got it all done. wasnt too bad of a job just ran into a couple problems. the crankshaft seal from the felpro kit didnt seem to fit right and i wound up denting it trying to get it in and had to wait until the next day to go buy the genuine one from mopar and after that it was smooth sailing. did the timing chain while i was in there and replaced the water pump gasket and timing cover gasket. changed the oil added coolant and fired everything up havent had any issues since. nice to finally not have an antifreeze leak the trucks had one since the day i got but it was always too small to figure out. now that thats all fixed i even had time to put on my 52mm tb and CAI !

Quick Reply: timing chain cover gasket went