2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

intermittant issue

Old 02-02-2014, 09:50 PM
andotamago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation intermittant issue

I have a 2001 Ram with v10 that sometimes wont go. Give it gas and it does nothing, RPM's don't go up and the truck doesn't gain speed. It starts flooding a bit (can smell the gas bad then it back fires and goes). Only does this like once or twice every other day then is fine. I have new plugs , wires and air filter. New Tranny at 119k a week ago. Any thoughts?

Old 02-03-2014, 09:47 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 333 Likes on 297 Posts

Welcome to DF. Moving to the correct section.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:21 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,164 Likes on 2,918 Posts

MAP or TPS sensor. You can test the TPS, if it checks out, replace the map.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:38 PM
TanksTechs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Message to the Engineers who design The Vehicle

Please, Please stop using "Christmas Trees" or plugs that are the biggest pain to get out, Plus they break half the time. Simple Solution that EVERY Mechanic might Enjoy. Zip ties. Ties them up, And we cut them off and Replace with New. Both Cost Effective and Easy. Plus when we put the vehicle back together it won't be a half torn Plug. And try to stick to Standard or Metric. You are College Graduates and Engineers...... Please , Please Understand how annoying bad designs are....
Thank You

Old 08-12-2014, 03:35 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 333 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by TanksTechs
Please, Please stop using "Christmas Trees" or plugs that are the biggest pain to get out, Plus they break half the time. Simple Solution that EVERY Mechanic might Enjoy. Zip ties. Ties them up, And we cut them off and Replace with New. Both Cost Effective and Easy. Plus when we put the vehicle back together it won't be a half torn Plug. And try to stick to Standard or Metric. You are College Graduates and Engineers...... Please , Please Understand how annoying bad designs are....
Thank You
WTF are you talking about troll?

Old 08-14-2014, 03:17 PM
bbrideau
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAH wtf..... check your IAC as well and any vac lines... its a shot in the dark but when i ripped my speedo wires off the sensor in my rear diff i would get flooding and backfiring, not to the extent of not picking up speed but she sure didn't want to go (that issue could have resulted form something else but i know when the speed sensor was hooked back up the problem went away)

The following users liked this post:
Devon Farber (04-20-2020)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: intermittant issue