2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Front end making rattle noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 11:36 PM
Brandontenold
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end making rattle noise

Something thats getting on my nerves lately.. My Dodge rides ROUGH. Like, So rough that it throws things around the cab on every bump. I know i need shocks.. But one thing driving me up the wall is a rattle noise and some scraping noises coming from the front tires. i can hear them when im driving past brick walls. I replaced the Passenger side wheel bearing since it had slack, All the U joints, Ball joints, Tie rods.. my rotors seem okay.. They arent warped and they were replaced. my driver side wheel bearing is getting replaced tomorrow.. but i cant find where the rattling and the scraping is coming from!! the wheels turn freely and smooth..

Old 04-26-2014, 08:10 AM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 301 Likes on 284 Posts

Replace those shocks with some HD truck shocks as soon as possible. That is where your rattling noise is coming from and your rough ride issue. The scraping noise could be due to the other wheel bearing.

Quick Reply: Front end making rattle noise