2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2001 2500 SLT extended cab Cummins FRONT SEAT ELLECTRIC ISSUE

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 09:29 PM
ARTISAN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 2500 SLT extended cab Cummins FRONT SEAT ELLECTRIC ISSUE

I got the above truck, 2001, 2500, diesel extened cab just about completely redone, the only problem was the driver front seat, wore on front left corner, so I bought one on-line thru one of those junk yard national connections, they said it was in 95% condition...it arrived and the same dam area was worn thru also...to return it would have cost as much as the seat...so I called around local no luck and went back onto the national salvage sites and found another which they said was 99%..so I bought it, and again I got the shaft the same front left corner of the seat is worn thru and sags like the other 2 I now have.

But this isn't my problem... I am putting seat covers on the best one until I can find one locally and see it before buying it...

What started my endeavor with the driver seat was that a year before I decided to clean up repaint and go thru the truck mechanically the wiring connector that comes through the floor board started to burn, luckily I had a fire extinguisher and got the small fire out, but the electrical connector from thru the floor board is fried, I looked thru the 700 + pages in the parts catalog and they only give the entire front seat wiring harness, is there a schematic that I can use to just wire the harness directly to the main wires on the power seat out there? I would use the connectors that can be opened and closed a few times to do the connecting of the wires, but I can not tell which color wire coming thru the floor board went to what pin on the seat connector, due to they both got fried, the one thru the floor more so and I don't want to wire her up wrong and end up frying the seat motors..any help would be appreciated...Thanks again...

Kurt

Old 06-04-2014, 10:31 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Have a look here. Grab the 01 service manual. Wiring diagrams will be in there.

I *think* you can get connectors from the parts store..... they won't be exactly like the OE fellers, but, they will work, and you won't have to cut wires any time you want to remove the seat. (not like you will want to on a regular basis in any event.)

Old 06-07-2014, 01:30 PM
ARTISAN

my problem is the stupid plastic connector on both male and female sides is melted to the point that I can't tell which color wire coming thru the floor board goes to what color from the seat wiring side... If I could see that I would be able to do something and the wiring diagrams do not show me that either...

Old 06-07-2014, 02:55 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

May have to pull them back a ways, so you can see 'em.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:00 PM
ARTISAN

As soon as the truck finally gets back from the shop I will look to see if the colors are similar on the seat as the ones coming thru the floor board and just connect like colors, I guess

Quick Reply: 2001 2500 SLT extended cab Cummins FRONT SEAT ELLECTRIC ISSUE