2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Low idle issues with 95 truck I just bought With Ac on

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 08:42 PM
Peachride
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low idle issues with 95 truck I just bought With Ac on

Hello guys. First post. Just bought a 1995 ram last week to pull my trailer with. Single cab, 2500, v-10. I bought it because it's un molested, and has 120,000 on it. I have a problem with it idling too low after touching the gas though. It actually died today. When just touching the gas real quick, and letting off with the Ac on, it seems to do it worse, and almost die each time, vs having the ac off. Is this like a mass airflow sensor thing? Once I give it gas, it takes off fine. Gets annoying at stop lights, or drive through s.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Peachride
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmm

Seems to be happening even without the ac on now. I've noticed that the idle also won't stay put when I have it under 1000 rpms and not moving the pedal, but giving it just a tad of gas to raise the rpm. It jumps up and down until I get over 800 to 1000 rpm, then it will hold steady. It idles fine if I don't touch the pedal, so this problem arises at stop lights, or drive through when I tap the gas, and then break, it wants to die. I suppose I could hold the brake and gas, and keep the rpm up, but that's just wrong.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:10 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

First thing I think is yank the throttle body, pull the IAC off, and clean things really well. (leave the battery disconnected while you do this.)

Check for vacuum leaks.

If none of that helps. Replace the IAC.

Quick Reply: Low idle issues with 95 truck I just bought With Ac on