2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

96 1500 5.2 4x4 Auto Transmission Cooler Line??

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 11:08 PM
Brandon Shoun
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 1500 5.2 4x4 Auto Transmission Cooler Line??

Hey guys,
I just bought this truck a month ago, so I've been researching things and came across removing a check valve on the transmission coolant line. I went out to look at mine, and I don't see a coolant line on my radiator?? Near the bottom hose of the radiator, there is a nipple for a hose, but it is capped off. I see some hoses coming from the transmission up to in front of the radiator. I not a mechanic but I try to figure problems out if possible. I guess my first question, is it normal to not have a line connected here? And second, what is in front of my radiator? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:11 AM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 299 Likes on 283 Posts

Sounds like a prior owner decided to use a remote transmission cooler and not use the transmission cooler in the radiator. It could be that the transmission cooler in the radiator went bad.