2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Thoughts About BFG Mud Terrain's

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 05:39 AM
2big2dodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts About BFG Mud Terrain's

I am gonna be doing some upgrades in the next prob. 3 months. i leave for basic in 6 days. and i grad. jan.6th. so after that i am gonna be puttin money into my truck. I am gonna put flowmaster exhaust on, get some bigger gears, prob. 4.10. and maybe a shift kit not sure yet on that. Lifting it another 3". and getttin new tires. I love the look of the bfg m/t so i was wondering what yal thought,maybe some people here have had them.please share ur feelings.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:02 AM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thoughts About BFG Mud Terrain's

I have the BF's on mine, great traction, they were put on new in January 05, I have rotated them frequently because I noticed they wear quickly. Mud and snow doesnt mean asphalt and pavement, I have probably lost 1/3 of the tread since new, thats even with rotating them 3xs, and I have put 7,000 miles on my truck since the tire change. Not saying to much for that tire.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:02 AM
thump186
Record Breaker

BFG mud terrains are an awesome tire. That said shop around a little there is other options out the from other manufacturers that are very similar to mud terrains with a better price.

Old 11-15-2005, 04:06 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

They have a lot of road noise and they wear extremely fast when run on the road (as pointed out above).

That's why I DID NOT recommend them in the last thread you posted about tires. That's why I instead recommended BF Goodrich All-Terrains. They will wear better on the road.

Old 11-15-2005, 06:52 PM
theshocker
Veteran

I have the bfg mt's and love them. As far as road noise is concerned, if you are putting a flowmaster on your truck you are going to hear that over the tires. I am not saying that they don't sing a little bit but, I hear my exhaust way more than the tires. I have an imco exhaust wich is pretty similar sounding to the flowmasters from what I heard. As far a tread wear, as long as you rotate them on a normal basis and make sure you maintain proper allignement(sp) they should wear pretty good. I haven't had these long on my truck but I had a set on a jeep wrangler at one time and they lasted for ever. All in all I am very happy with these tires.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:45 PM
clemson725
Professional

Thos BFG mud terrians will wear out quick. I've had 2 or 3 sets of BFG all terrains and I plan on buying another set when these wear out. I've gotten 60,000 miles out of each set and they are excellent off road. With that said, I dont like the looks of them when you go to a really big tire. When you get into the 35-38 range, I'd go with a mud tire for the agressive tread pattern. You've already blown a lot of money to do everything possible to decrease fuel mileage and highway ride, so why not add the price of tires a couple of times a year?

Quick Reply: Thoughts About BFG Mud Terrain's