2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

newbi bought a truck from a tweeker

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 12:31 AM
brian102
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol... he didn't put it exactly that way, but yeah, he couldn't afford to fix it. too bad too, he was a very nice and respectful kid, just developed a bad habit. used to be a great place to live, but meth and heroin have hit that area hard in the last 10 years. the last year has been the worst. good news is, for now anyway, he used the money i gave him to get a job and a phone. hopefully he sticks to it. he had just gotten out of rehab a few weeks before i bought the truck.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:19 PM
Sonocativo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brian102
lol... he didn't put it exactly that way, but yeah, he couldn't afford to fix it. too bad too, he was a very nice and respectful kid, just developed a bad habit. used to be a great place to live, but meth and heroin have hit that area hard in the last 10 years. the last year has been the worst. good news is, for now anyway, he used the money i gave him to get a job and a phone. hopefully he sticks to it. he had just gotten out of rehab a few weeks before i bought the truck.
Hopefully he turns his life around, Ive seen it myself growing up and working in a big city. I love the country life and next year I should be back out there when I get the farm I hope to land.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:24 PM
brian102
Professional

Originally Posted by Sonocativo
Hopefully he turns his life around, Ive seen it myself growing up and working in a big city. I love the country life and next year I should be back out there when I get the farm I hope to land.
i sincerely hope it works out for you... i'm a bit envious. i'm stuck in town for a few more years, then hopefully i can find a nice patch of dirt away from the chaos.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:53 PM
brian102
Professional

so i have spent today looking at all the injector threads here and at other forums. i believe i have a bad injector causing both my lean code and injector open circut code. could anyone recommend a good set of matched injectors?

i've looked at a few and so far the best i can come up with are a reman set from FIC or just buy a new/reman from the store. everything else appears to be junk or potentially scammy.

just a nice set of matched injectors with good pattern are all i'm looking for, stock rate... gen3 bosch would be nice, but i'll go for any proven recommendation.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:00 AM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts
Old 02-05-2017, 09:10 PM
j576
Professional

[QUOTE=brian102;3328834]so i have spent today looking at all the injector threads here and at other forums. i believe i have a bad injector causing both my lean code and injector open circut code. could anyone recommend a good set of matched injectors?

i've looked at a few and so far the best i can come up with are a reman set from FIC or just buy a new/reman from the store. everything else appears to be junk or potentially scammy.

just a nice set of matched injectors with good pattern are all i'm looking for, stock rate... gen3 bosch would be nice, but i'll go for any proven recommendation.[/QUOTE

I had a bad injector on my truck, i used a snap on mt2500 scanner and disabled each injector seperately while it was running, knew I had a bad injector when I turned off the bad one and it ran so much better ! Replaced the bum injector and been running great ever since !

Old 02-06-2017, 10:58 PM
brian102
Professional

i would love to have a modus or something similar with that capability, but maybe i can use one at a buddys shop. good idea there! anybody know of a scanner under $1000 that can do the 2 way stuff [open valves, turn off injectors, stuff like that]? i haven't found any, don't mean it ain't out there.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:01 PM
j576
Professional

i would love to have a modus or something similar with that capability, but maybe i can use one at a buddys shop. good idea there! anybody know of a scanner under $1000 that can do the 2 way stuff [open valves, turn off injectors, stuff like that]? i haven't found any, don't mean it ain't out there.
I found mine mt2500 for 80$ (bought specially for my truck) might be able to find one cheap around you ? Craiglist ? Borrow ?

Old 02-06-2017, 11:25 PM
brian102
Professional

Originally Posted by j576
I found mine mt2500 for 80$ (bought specially for my truck) might be able to find one cheap around you ? Craiglist ? Borrow ?
how!? thats like a $2000+ scanner! 80 bucks!?! dude! you got one hell of a good deal on that. i saw a few on ebay and craigslist for $500 complete before i found out how much they actually go for, went back to buy one and they were gone... aint seen one even close to that price since, let alone under $100.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:28 PM
j576
Professional

how!? thats like a $2000+ scanner! 80 bucks!?! dude! you got one hell of a good deal on that. i saw a few on ebay and craigslist for $500 complete before i found out how much they actually go for, went back to buy one and they were gone... aint seen one even close to that price since, let alone under $100.
The mt2500 is an older scanner they are pretty cheap on eBay I thought