2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

radio, woobfers, speakers, overhead lights and headlights wont turn on, any help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 02:19 PM
joseortizservin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy radio, woobfers, speakers, overhead lights and headlights wont turn on, any help?

Having trouble with my 95 ram 4x4 single cab. I know all of these items are getting power because i used a test light to check but still wont turn on. and as far as the headlights go i have a harness for them and it also gets power but the headlights still wont turn on but when i use the original harness the lights work. Checked all the fuses and the aren't burnt spent a week trying to know what can be causing this but nothing.

Old 07-16-2017, 02:52 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Check the IOD fuse.

Also, I think the various switches (except for the radio) control the ground path, not supply power. So, check the various grounds.

Old 07-16-2017, 08:20 PM
Kentucky Fried Redneck
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Plus one on checking the grounds. bad ground or (like I had to figure out) intermittent ground issues will have you chasing your tail if you don't think to check them. If you don't have one get a Haynes manual it will become your dodge bible as I like to call it. Also check any wiring you can access reasonably easily. I just repaired a wire on my mother-in-laws car that was in behind her radio, attached to her ignition. insulation was frayed and would occasionally short out just enough to shut the car off, but never blow a fuse. Frayed or worn insulation or a pinched wire are also possibilities. I know you were probably hoping for simple solution, and maybe you'll get one. good luck!

Old 07-17-2017, 12:20 AM
joseortizservin

alright ill check the IOD fuse and thanks for your guys response i guess ill have to check every wire to make sure nothing is wrong with them

Old 07-17-2017, 12:10 PM
joseortizservin

thanks guys checked today and it was the IOD fuse changed and everything worked . but not the speakers oh well