2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge ram 2nd gen cargo light stuck on

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 07:41 PM
Edaw123
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge ram 2nd gen cargo light stuck on

Hello new to the site have read a lot of forums for here and has help me for many years on my truck just want to say thanks to every one.
The most resent problem is that my cargo light /bed light is stuck on nabor stopped by and said my lights where on its a 1998 Dodge ram 2500 checked switch shift lever havnt pulled the key out have a habit of leaving it in die read may have shut it of in revers and did something I don't really kno maybe water short really looking if anyone has had the same problem and fixed it thanks

Old 03-10-2018, 08:50 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Welcome to DF. Check out the second gen ram section. You will find service manuals available for download in the FAQ/DIY section there.

Old 03-11-2018, 10:39 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome!

Old 03-12-2018, 09:24 AM
Bob LaVasseur

Originally Posted by Edaw123
Hello new to the site have read a lot of forums for here and has help me for many years on my truck just want to say thanks to every one.
The most resent problem is that my cargo light /bed light is stuck on nabor stopped by and said my lights where on its a 1998 Dodge ram 2500 checked switch shift lever havnt pulled the key out have a habit of leaving it in die read may have shut it of in revers and did something I don't really kno maybe water short really looking if anyone has had the same problem and fixed it thanks
I have the same problem but mine is a 96 Dodge Ram I put new LED third brake light on and the white lights just stay on even when the truck is off and all the switches are off it just stays on all the time so I have to unplug or unhook my battery so it won't drain it if anybody knows how to fix his please let me know I would appreciate it thank you

Old 03-12-2018, 10:00 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob LaVasseur
I have the same problem but mine is a 96 Dodge Ram I put new LED third brake light on and the white lights just stay on even when the truck is off and all the switches are off it just stays on all the time so I have to unplug or unhook my battery so it won't drain it if anybody knows how to fix his please let me know I would appreciate it thank you
Download the factory service manual so you can review the wiring diagrams to troubleshoot your problem.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:19 PM
Edaw123

Yeah read A lot about the aftermarket replacement ones being faulty or wired rong guessing or led lights run off a small amount of current and there's and small amount of open circuit/power some how lighting them my guess is faulty manufacture seems how many post I've read about them and videos.

Quick Reply: Dodge ram 2nd gen cargo light stuck on