2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Part number or description of this wiring harness to frame retainer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 08:56 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 298 Likes on 282 Posts
Default Part number or description of this wiring harness to frame retainer?

Does anyone know where I can find this wiring harness to frame retainer (photos attached). This retainer holds the wiring harness for the truck's rear lights to the frame. There are 1/4" holes in the frame that these retainers push into. On the other end is a twist tie made into it the retainer stud that holds the wiring harness to the frame. Does anyone know what these are called, what the part number might be and where I can find them new?

Old 07-12-2018, 09:27 PM
racefan41
Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm seeing a lot of different options searching "wire loom routing clips"

Old 07-12-2018, 09:34 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Maybe a body shop? They would likely have something similar.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:01 PM
AtomicDog
Champion

Thanks for the thoughts so far. I tried the 'wire loom routing clip' searches, but nothing so far that matched this clip/retainer.

I'm heading to the Chryslers at Carlisle, PA show tomorrow, so I'm hoping to find some there. There is a vendor with R/T Specialties that calls himself a clipologist, so I'm sure he will know what they are and if they are available.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:17 PM
racefan41
Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Those looms do look a little more complex compared to what you have there. Yours looks more like a zip tie.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:46 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicDog
Thanks for the thoughts so far. I tried the 'wire loom routing clip' searches, but nothing so far that matched this clip/retainer.

I'm heading to the Chryslers at Carlisle, PA show tomorrow, so I'm hoping to find some there. There is a vendor with R/T Specialties that calls himself a clipologist, so I'm sure he will know what they are and if they are available.
What both is he in? I'm there for 4 says with my cars. Also that is called a tree clip automotive paint stores sell them. It's basically a zip tie with a nipple on it
Originally Posted by racefan41
Those looms do look a little more complex compared to what you have there. Yours looks more like a zip tie.
It is

Old 07-14-2018, 11:51 AM
AtomicDog
Champion

Checked with several places (including R/T Specialties) at the Carlisle, PA show on Friday and no luck in finding them. If someone knows of a part number for this clip, please let me know.

Old 07-14-2018, 12:52 PM
weazel
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you search Amazon for "hole cable zip tie" or "push mount zip tie" there are a lot of options. (the size of the hole is important when ordering, then length doesn't matter much since you trim it)

You might have to buy 50 of them though. It is probably still less than buying one from the dealership though. I keep buying body clips or the variety packs of body clips from Amazon. I put them in an organizer and maybe I need the same thing down the road on a different vehicle.

Last edited by weazel; 07-14-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:44 PM
AtomicDog
Champion

Originally Posted by weazel
if you search Amazon for "hole cable zip tie" or "push mount zip tie" there are a lot of options. (the size of the hole is important when ordering, then length doesn't matter much since you trim it)

You might have to buy 50 of them though. It is probably still less than buying one from the dealership though. I keep buying body clips or the variety packs of body clips from Amazon. I put them in an organizer and maybe I need the same thing down the road on a different vehicle.
Weazel, you hit it right on the head! I found this out on Amazon, which is a very close match to what I'm looking for. Thanks for your reply.

Amazon Amazon

Old 07-14-2018, 09:46 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicDog
Checked with several places (including R/T Specialties) at the Carlisle, PA show on Friday and no luck in finding them. If someone knows of a part number for this clip, please let me know.
Go to clips and fasteners. Com they have them

Quick Reply: Part number or description of this wiring harness to frame retainer?