Gas tank fuel pump leak - Page 2 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 2nd Gen Ram Tech
Reload this Page >

Gas tank fuel pump leak

Notices
2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gas tank fuel pump leak

Old 07-15-2018, 10:02 PM
AtomicDog
Record Breaker

That hose may be for the vent for the front differential.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:36 PM
armynurse
Veteran

Originally Posted by AtomicDog View Post
That hose may be for the vent for the front differential.
No; I traced it back to the evap cylinder. I actually had to disconnect it from the evap cylinder and pull it out to get to the end so I could swap out the parts on the end.

So from Rock Auto I ordered the following parts. I know I've replaced the fuel pump previously a long time ago (and until it recently started leaking it was working fine). The TPS, IAC, MAP, vapor canister, and the vapor canister solenoid are all currently factory originals from 1996. The cap and rotor have been replaced once-or-twice before with parts with aluminum terminals, and they always looked extremely pitted when replaced. I hope the ones with the brass contacts do better. And we'll see how much (if any) my gas mileage improves once they're all installed (currently getting 11.5 +/- 1 mpg). Currently I'm not getting any codes, but while I'm dealing with the gas tank I might as well go all-out and see if I can improve the mpg by throwing parts at it. And hopefully get a little lost power back once I'm done - but I shouldn't complain about an engine with 220,000 miles on it.

DELPHI FG0212 Fuel Pump & Housing Assembly $136.79
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS TH145 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) $33.79
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS AC68 Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve $26.79
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS AS57 Manifold Pressure (MAP) Sensor $51.79
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS CP3231 Vapor Canister $64.79
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS CF1 (CF-1) Vapor Canister Filter $1.36 (I don't know if I really needed this or not)
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS CP415 Vapor Canister Purge Valve / Solenoid $24.89
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS FD175 (FD-175) Distributor Cap $9.47
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS FD315 (FD-315) Distributor Rotor $4.13
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS UF97 (UF-97) Ignition Coil $25.79
Shipping Ground $19.98
Order Total $399.57

Good thing I love my truck; I bought it new in 1996. About two years ago I spent about $1000 for the timing chain replacement and a couple other things done at the same time. Still cheaper than a new truck - just figure you're going to spend a couple hundred dollars a year to keep something like this going. And for the most part I supply the labor (me).

Last edited by armynurse; Yesterday at 08:01 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gas tank fuel pump leak

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: