2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2001 Ram 1500 5.2L A/C does not blow cold

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 01:40 PM
V65Ozzie
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Would be interesting to have a look.

I suspect though, that the couple between the stepper motor, and the blend door, has broken, so the blend door is basically just 'flappin' in the breeze'.... which is why it works sometimes, and not others. You can drop the motor, (two screws, and an electrical connector) and check it. (I won't say 'easily', as the back screw is fun to get to.)
+1, that back screw is a pain. I built a little doohicky to allow me to pull it out more easily, but I used a crosspoint screw when I reinstalled, on a flexshaft driver. My connector was broken, I found a good unit on a sojourn to the JY.

Oh, if you had the system refilled, pull the dust caps at the ports(you do have them, don't you?) The type of ports used have a tendency to **** a little when you have the system serviced, resulting in a slow freon leak(ask me how I know) A little bit of water in the port will tell you if it's leaking. If it is, just pop the inside with the end of a ball point cartridge and it should seal. be sure to install the caps again. They have a seal on them to give you a 2nd point of defense against a leak.

Last edited by V65Ozzie; 08-14-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Quick Reply: 2001 Ram 1500 5.2L A/C does not blow cold