DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   The car don't give all the torque at the start (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/417366-the-car-dont-give-all-the-torque-at-the-start.html)

ItalianRam 08-24-2018 07:19 AM

The car don't give all the torque at the start

Hi everyone,
I have a little problem that I can't solve... I hope to be clear because I'm italian and sometime I miss the technical lenguage.
Basically when I'm still and I push the gas pedal the car don't start "hard", it takes the rpm slowly when in first gear. Instead when you are travelling at an higher speed and you push the pedal to the bottom you can fell that it works way better.
I think it could be the torque converter. It can be possible that maybe we put the wrong quantity of oil in the transmission and it cause this?
ot is just the torque converter?
Or is something else I don't know??:icon_eek:

The truck is a Ram 1500 5.9 V8 Gas 1994
The tranny should be a 46re

Help me!!

thank you in advance!
:icon_toast:

MoparFanatic21 08-24-2018 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by ItalianRam (Post 3407057)
Hi everyone,
I have a little problem that I can't solve... I hope to be clear because I'm italian and sometime I miss the technical lenguage.
Basically when I'm still and I push the gas pedal the car don't start "hard", it takes the rpm slowly when in first gear. Instead when you are travelling at an higher speed and you push the pedal to the bottom you can fell that it works way better.
I think it could be the torque converter. It can be possible that maybe we put the wrong quantity of oil in the transmission and it cause this?
ot is just the torque converter?
Or is something else I don't know??:icon_eek:

The truck is a Ram 1500 5.9 V8 Gas 1994
The tranny should be a 46re

Help me!!

thank you in advance!
:icon_toast:

From my understanding that is called torque management and is made to be there from the factory. The only way to get rid of it is if you buy a tuner.

ItalianRam 08-24-2018 07:44 AM

It seems to be really lazy though... I though that a car with 250HP should be more energetic...

jkeaton 08-24-2018 08:02 AM

250 HP in a 5000 lb truck will not be energetic. Lol

HeyYou 08-24-2018 08:48 AM

94 is OBDI, no Torque Management there. No tuner either.

Is it actually starting out in first gear? Or is it trying to start in 2nd?

MoparFanatic21 08-24-2018 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3407071)

Didn't realize that, completely overlooked the year. It be in limp mode

HeyYou 08-24-2018 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21 (Post 3407110)
Didn't realize that, completely overlooked the year. It be in limp mode

Now that I think about it, it doesn't have limp mode either. First three gears are purely hydraulically controlled...... We both need to brush up on our Dodge History. :D

MoparFanatic21 08-24-2018 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3407140)
Now that I think about it, it doesn't have limp mode either. First three gears are purely hydraulically controlled...... We both need to brush up on our Dodge History. :D

Well they change things so much I can't keep up :b lol

ItalianRam 08-25-2018 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by jkeaton (Post 3407064)
250 HP in a 5000 lb truck will not be energetic. Lol

I know it wont be a beast but it shoulden't be so lazy. anyone has a video to compare the starting of the truck at full gas from 0?

ItalianRam 08-25-2018 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3407071)

We will double check that... I'm pretty sure it start in first gear but check again is a good idea.

If it can help when you start and you go slow we can hear some whistle until you reach an higher speed.

Thank you!