2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Egr intake tube block off

Old 09-15-2018, 05:43 PM
Andy Keller
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Egr intake tube block off

Alright so I finally got around to doing my plenum and timing chain, and man were they needed. But, when I got the intake off and took the plenum pan off, I noticed there was a tube going down the middle of the intake, did some digging around, and found out it was an egr tube. Previous owner must have done an egr delete and never plugged the hole in the back of the intake. Wondering if I can diy a plug or if I have to order something online? If someone knows what I can do to fix this (it's giving me horrible throttle response) short of getting a new intake from the vineyard, that would be much appreciated!

Old 09-15-2018, 08:23 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 298 Likes on 282 Posts

You can make a flat plate the shape of the EGR and plug it up by bolting down the plate with some RTV sealer.

Old 09-17-2018, 02:27 AM
Andy Keller
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, there's a plate already there, but it's only covering one hole. The hole I'm talking about (the one that isnt blocked off) is about 1 inch in diameter and has threads on the inside. I'm pretty sure this hole is causing my delayed throttle, which sucks. I was gonna see if I could find a 1" plug of some sort and either coat it with rtv or slap some jb weld around it and call it good. Would this work? Or would it be better to find a non-egr intake and do a kegger mod and swap it?

Old 09-17-2018, 08:43 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

Don't need to plug that hole. If it was an actual vacuum leak, your engine would idle at about 3K RPM. So long as the plate is there covering the EGR ports, you are good to go. Something else is causing your issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Egr intake tube block off