2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

truck wont start

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 05:59 PM
Hunter Grimm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truck wont start

Okay so i replaced the distributor cap, rotor, spark plugs and wires and i believe in the process of removing or installing the cap i either unplugged something or disconnected something because i know there is alot of wires and sensors back there (95 dodge ram 1500 w/ the 318) and now the truck will try to start but sounds like it cant get fuel or theres no spark. And i started looking around and i noticed some oil on the backside of the engine near the distributor and egr valve so i looked under and there was oil dripping on the ground and it wasnt just a couple spots it left a damn puddle about the size of a piece of tile. i know its coming from the top backside of the motor but i just need some help finding out what the problem is

Old 10-14-2018, 07:28 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunter Grimm
Okay so i replaced the distributor cap, rotor, spark plugs and wires and i believe in the process of removing or installing the cap i either unplugged something or disconnected something because i know there is alot of wires and sensors back there (95 dodge ram 1500 w/ the 318) and now the truck will try to start but sounds like it cant get fuel or theres no spark. And i started looking around and i noticed some oil on the backside of the engine near the distributor and egr valve so i looked under and there was oil dripping on the ground and it wasnt just a couple spots it left a damn puddle about the size of a piece of tile. i know its coming from the top backside of the motor but i just need some help finding out what the problem is
Need to find out what you are missing. The cam sensor is back there (under the cap) so you could have unplugged that

Old 10-15-2018, 07:23 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Check the oil pressure sensor for the leak.....

Quick Reply: truck wont start