2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

stalls at first start in the morning

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 05:37 PM
norteno
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh wow... didn't know that... That's why I didn't weld the system in... just clamped on in case I have to re do it... it does dump well behind the cab... about 8 inches from the rear axle... and I have no problem with reattaching the long tailpipe if I need to... I kept it just in case....thanks for the tip....

Last edited by norteno; 12-25-2018 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:36 AM
WhiteSnake91
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good to know, I might end up getting that magnaflow soon as an xmas/bday present to myself.

yeah, I think whoever owned this truck before me wasn't very smart, initially, it had some single in, dual out VERY quiet cherry bomb silver muffler that was literally dumped with two turn-downs like RIGHT under the cab or right where the bed starts....it stunk pretty bad and I think I choked out some of the poor kids in the fast food drive thrus when they'd open the window to get the money LOL. It had an ok rumble at idle sitting there but if I ever gave it gas it was a very quiet whisper like some 4 cylinder car. They didn't even extend their turn-downs it was turned down right at the muffler exit lol.

approx sept 2017 I got the single in dual out cherry bomb extreme with two 2.5inch pipes running straight out the back, definitely sounds mean but is very loud like a straight pipe is.

I'll try to look around for some cheap exhaust pipe online 2.5inch and the magnaflow muffler, if I take the muffler and pipe up to the welding shop here that should hopefully keep a large chunk of the cost down with me having all the parts myself

Old 01-19-2019, 10:40 PM
norteno
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I've put on approx 1000 miles on the truck since I installed the Magnaflow 12256 and it sounds better and better each time I drive it.... smooth, steady low rumble and getting just a little louder but not too loud. Don't know how it sounds at FOT from the outside, but who cares, not me??? but I can hear it just enough inside the cab with the windows rolled up.... no drone... in my observation. Oh and thanks to "HEY YOU" for educating me in tightening up the slack on the TV cable. That really made a difference. So now I have replaced plugs/wires/distrib/rotor, installed SPECTRE drop-in oiled air filter, Magnaflow 12256, Diehard AGM battery, thoroughly cleaned throttle body and IAC valve, maintained proper air pressure in tires and now taken up the slack on the TV cable, so far and can really feel the improvement for a 5200 pound truck... thanks for listening and advising me...!!

Old 01-20-2019, 09:04 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Yeah, a 5200 truck with all the aerodynamics of a brick.

Glad its runnin' good for ya though.

Quick Reply: stalls at first start in the morning