DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   No bu5 when Can bus is plugged in (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/421385-no-bu5-when-can-bus-is-plugged-in.html)

Matthew_P 03-04-2019 04:14 PM

Would it be the harness that I put in for the overhead console? I made sure the dash didn't pinch the wires during install, but could it have done damage to it, even though it has protection? Another question: Can the PCM be at fault just for Ccd and still be good for the vehicle operating?

MoparFanatic21 03-04-2019 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew_P (Post 3431280)
Would it be the harness that I put in for the overhead console? I made sure the dash didn't pinch the wires during install, but could it have done damage to it, even though it has protection? Another question: Can the PCM be at fault just for Ccd and still be good for the vehicle operating?

could be the harness but I highly doubt it's the pcmr. Although it could fail the whole ccd would have to fail. You may not have the 2 plug ctm. Look under your dash you should see a box to the passenger side of the steering column with either one or two plugs. Let me know how many plugs you have

Matthew_P 03-04-2019 04:39 PM

2001 dodge ram 2500

Matthew_P 03-04-2019 05:15 PM

1 plug but isn't the second plug for if I have powered seats, and with the CTM it did work.

Matthew_P 03-04-2019 05:17 PM

along with the day it did work. I hooked the console up to test before I installed it, and there was nothing wrong.

Matthew_P 03-04-2019 05:24 PM

When I bought the overhead console the light switches had popped out, and I had to replace them. I spliced the new switches on. The switches have 2 black wires and 1 yellow wire. I swapped the black wires for both sides by mistake. I installed it, and the 3rd light in the headliner would stay on all the time unless I disconnected the batteries, or turned on the lights on the console, but during that time, the trip computer worked excellent. When I unhooked the console to fix the wires, the light issue went away. I reconnected 1 of the 2 batteries for a brief test, and saw Ccd and No bu5, and the Ccd bus for the console hasn't worked since.

MoparFanatic21 03-04-2019 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew_P (Post 3431291)
along with the day it did work. I hooked the console up to test before I installed it, and there was nothing wrong.

I'm thinking without the highline ctm (2 plug) you can't have the highline overhead console. It took our a while to realize it shouldn't be there

Matthew_P 03-04-2019 05:31 PM

If thats the case, would it have not worked at all then, and then why would it have been prewired. The forums that I read didn't specify what CTM I had to have. Just the Travel convenience group wiring which I think I have.

Matthew_P 03-04-2019 05:39 PM

There are CTMs with a white connector, Ones with a green connector, and some with both connectors. I have the one with the green connector. What is the difference between the three.

MoparFanatic21 03-04-2019 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew_P (Post 3431296)
There are CTMs with a white connector, Ones with a green connector, and some with both connectors. I have the one with the green connector. What is the difference between the three.

one is base (1 plug) one is highline (2 plugs) and then the third one is with factory key fob (also 2 plugs) you need either of the ones with 2 plugs as the overhead console filled through that