DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   Body swap questions (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/422702-body-swap-questions.html)

Jmikk 04-13-2019 06:48 PM

Body swap questions

Hey all, I found a truck to swap the body to my Cummins and fix my 1500. My Cummins is a 98 24v and the 1500 I found is a 98 as well. Is it all plug and play or will things need to be changed other than the cluster? Need to swap pedals and such for the 5 speed and the hydraulics but that’s all whatever I suppose.

MoparFanatic21 04-13-2019 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jmikk (Post 3435334)
Hey all, I found a truck to swap the body to my Cummins and fix my 1500. My Cummins is a 98 24v and the 1500 I found is a 98 as well. Is it all plug and play or will things need to be changed other than the cluster? Need to swap pedals and such for the 5 speed and the hydraulics but that’s all whatever I suppose.

As long as they are exactly the same (ex quad cab 6ft bed) it will be good. Also depending on if you have the 2 plug CTM or the 1 plug one. If they are different, say your Cummins is 1 plug and the 1500 is 2, will have to swap your dash harness. I'd they are both the same you are good.

Jmikk 04-13-2019 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21 (Post 3435339)
As long as they are exactly the same (ex quad cab 6ft bed) it will be good. Also depending on if you have the 2 plug CTM or the 1 plug one. If they are different, say your Cummins is 1 plug and the 1500 is 2, will have to swap your dash harness. I'd they are both the same you are good.

specifically the Cummins is a 98.5 id look at the plugs but the truck is at the shop and you seem to possibly know off hand what it might have for the year!

MoparFanatic21 04-13-2019 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jmikk (Post 3435345)
specifically the Cummins is a 98.5 id look at the plugs but the truck is at the shop and you seem to possibly know off hand what it might have for the year!

It actually depends on the options the truck has. 1 plug was basic 2 was if you had the premium options and/or the factory alarm system

Moparite 04-14-2019 09:10 AM

Don't forget the vin plate on the dash, May want to just swap the dash and harness over from the diesel.

Jmikk 04-14-2019 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Moparite (Post 3435404)
Don't forget the vin plate on the dash, May want to just swap the dash and harness over from the diesel.

ill send the truck through dmv inspection for vin plates when I’m done. Reason for cab swap is rust, broken windshield, obliterated dash so much so that the vin plate is gone and just overall a goner. Hoping the ctm plugs are the same. We shall find out! Things would be so easy if they are I’m hoping for the best!

MoparFanatic21 04-14-2019 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jmikk (Post 3435426)
ill send the truck through dmv inspection for vin plates when I’m done. Reason for cab swap is rust, broken windshield, obliterated dash so much so that the vin plate is gone and just overall a goner. Hoping the ctm plugs are the same. We shall find out! Things would be so easy if they are I’m hoping for the best!

More then likely they are, but it's not anything major. You will just lose certain features. Do you have the factory alarm system?

Jmikk 04-14-2019 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21 (Post 3435431)
More then likely they are, but it's not anything major. You will just lose certain features. Do you have the factory alarm system?

not that I’m aware of or really concerned with, I lock the doors before I get out and unlock with they key every time. Sure fire way to know it’s locked up.

MoparFanatic21 04-14-2019 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jmikk (Post 3435434)
not that I’m aware of or really concerned with, I lock the doors before I get out and unlock with they key every time. Sure fire way to know it’s locked up.

Only reason I ask is if they don't have the same number of plugs, you will just lose some features. Unless you had the alarm system which could mess up the whole vehicle.

Jmikk 04-14-2019 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21 (Post 3435447)
Only reason I ask is if they don't have the same number of plugs, you will just lose some features. Unless you had the alarm system which could mess up the whole vehicle.

any idea what I would would possibly lose for features? As honestly as long as the windows, hvac, interior lights, radio the basic switches and other basic functions work if he happy.