DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   New here and and about to break my Windows on my 97 Dodge Ram 1500 (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/422821-new-here-and-and-about-to-break-my-windows-on-my-97-dodge-ram-1500-a.html)

Shantily 04-19-2019 04:51 AM

New here and and about to break my Windows on my 97 Dodge Ram 1500

The ABS, Brake and another light are on constantly. No A/C, heat, defrost or power windows. Can't figure out what the problem is. I checked all the wires and haven't found any damage. Checked/replaced fuses. It's getting hot and I need my windows to work. A/C worked before this happened.

HeyYou 04-19-2019 08:28 AM

You have more than one problem.

Does your heater blower motor run?

Do you have power for the windows at the switch? (they are on an automatic circuit breaker.)

DerTruck 04-19-2019 02:43 PM

Double check fuse 2 in the PDC, 40A fuse. Both the power windows and the blower get power from there.

Shantily 04-19-2019 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3436186)
You have more than one problem.

Does your heater blower motor run?

Do you have power for the windows at the switch? (they are on an automatic circuit breaker.)

No power to either. I moved my steering wheel down and they went off for second and then came back on..I remember watching a video on YouTube that the mechanic said it was a wire that pulled out of the box. Didn't show where the box was located or how he repaired the wire.

HeyYou 04-19-2019 07:17 PM

That would be in the steering column itself. Gotta pull the covers off, and check on the back of the ignition switch, etc. I think the clamshells are held together with 'security torx' screws though.... (torx with a post in the center.)

MoparFanatic21 04-19-2019 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3436262)
That would be in the steering column itself. Gotta pull the covers off, and check on the back of the ignition switch, etc. I think the clamshells are held together with 'security torx' screws though.... (torx with a post in the center.)

Not the outside shell at least mine aren't

HeyYou 04-19-2019 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21 (Post 3436265)
Not the outside shell at least mine aren't

Yeah, it seems some are, and some aren't....... Dodge got confused? Again?? At least they are consistently inconsistent....... :D

MoparFanatic21 04-19-2019 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3436266)
Yeah, it seems some are, and some aren't....... Dodge got confused? Again?? At least they are consistently inconsistent....... :D

Yeah I thought I was screwed, my screwdriver wouldn't fit (once where you insert the bits) turns out it was just a regular torx bit :D

Shantily 04-20-2019 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3436262)

Ok. Will look into this in the next couple days and let you know what I find. I have work this weekend. Tysm for all the information😊