Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 2nd Gen Ram Tech
Reload this Page >

2001 Cummins Transmission Governor Pressuer Kit

2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2001 Cummins Transmission Governor Pressuer Kit

Old 05-13-2019, 03:47 PM
[email protected]
Default 2001 Cummins Transmission Governor Pressuer Kit

Hello, new to site, 2001 3500 Cummings, randomly sticks in 1st gear, I purchased from Oregon Performance Transmission (46re 47re 48re Solenoid Upgrade Kit Dual Pack Solenoids Governor Pressure Speed Sensor Electronics) installed last Tuesday, easy install on the kit once I learned where/what I was replacing, adjusted both bands at same time, truck is shifting great. 10 miles later after shutdown same problem returned, stuck in first. Pulled over shifted to neutral, back to drive and few times and started shifting correctly again. Not registering any codes on dash. No warning when it may happen. How can I test? How to determine if its a actual trans problem or a communication problem. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Old 05-13-2019, 04:00 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

Probably going to need a scanner, and see what data the PCM is seeing when the problem presents itself. May also need to have a pressure gauge installed, to compare what the PCM thinks, to what actual pressure is.

Old 05-13-2019, 04:13 PM
[email protected]

ok, thanks so much for the response, for clarity - get me a scanner, when the problem happens use the scanner, will it show something even if there are no codes on the dash? - The pressure gauge, is this something I can install? Thanks so much for your help

Old 05-13-2019, 06:17 PM
MoparFanatic21
Champion

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
ok, thanks so much for the response, for clarity - get me a scanner, when the problem happens use the scanner, will it show something even if there are no codes on the dash? - The pressure gauge, is this something I can install? Thanks so much for your help
You need a high end scanner what that will let tot see live data for the trans. Yes your can install the gauge yourself

Old 05-14-2019, 03:14 AM
HeikIlm
Veteran

And here are the test port locations at the transmission:

Old 05-14-2019, 08:20 AM
[email protected]

Thank You, I am researching scanners now

Old 05-14-2019, 10:25 AM
[email protected]

Thanks for your help, another question, there are so many scanners available, may I ask you for a suggestion on what to get? Thanks

Old 05-14-2019, 02:18 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

Check out the Scanner thread in the faq/diy section.

Old 05-20-2019, 04:56 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker

Watch the out put speed sensor when the problem occurs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 Cummins Transmission Governor Pressuer Kit

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: