2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

RUSHING WATER?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 09:52 AM
EMRJPV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RUSHING WATER?

I replaced my thermostat 3 days ago to 180 degree thermo and since then when starting the motor or giving it gas it you can hear what sounds like water rushing under the dash. It runs great since replacing it and stays right at about 180 or less Ac is easily cooler. Any thoughts? Is the antifreeze low ? The reservoir is showing fine levels. And very little (10-12oz) came out when i was changing out the thermo. Is this normal?

Old 07-19-2006, 10:21 AM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RUSHING WATER?

Sounds like you still have air in the system, did your t-stat have a bleed hole pre-installed, i would drive and check, drive and check, keep adding to the radiator itself until the water sound stops

Old 07-19-2006, 10:35 AM
EMRJPV

Yeah it had a bleeder hole in it. So I should just keep adding to it until it quits the noise? Should i add to the reservoir or directly to the radiator?

Old 07-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Redskin57
Professional

Could it possiably have air in the heater lines or core? When I did mine I ran the heater for a while to purge the system. Just a thought.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:50 PM
RJlovesbeer
Rookie

the resevoir won't help you fill the lines...add directly to the radiator. i have the same problem whenever i change the coolant...just be sure to give the main hose off the radiator some good squeezes to bleed everything out first, and then top off the best you can. eventually this should stop the noise.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:10 PM
zoomzoom

i had the same problem with the (water rushing) niose on start up and acceleration my quick fix scince it was warm out was i clamp off the heater inlet tube with one of those plastic hose clamper off tools. that solved the noise issue but i of course had no heat in the winter. basically after i changed the engine this spring i removed my hack jod fix to see if the noise would return and of course it did. what finally solved it was bleeded the cooling system ever other day by starting the truck cold removing the rad cap turning the heat on max hot and as the upper hose heats up telling u the thermostat is opening did what the other guy said which was just keep squeezing that upper rad hose and u will see the bubbles exscape out the open radiator where the cap goes. when coolant wants to overflull the cap opening at that point seal it up(put the cap on) then run some let it cool run again let it cool then bleed it again. it was an amazing annoying noise to say the least and if the factory just added a three cent bleed screw that 6 day bleed procudure would have taken 10 minutes. anyway good luck if it is just air in the system repetative bleeding will cure it. if not pressure test the cooling system u may have a leak somewhere.

have fun!!!

Quick Reply: RUSHING WATER?