2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2nd Gen Quad Cab/true 4 door. Where do I get one?

Old 03-19-2019, 02:16 PM
Dukagora
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd Gen Quad Cab/true 4 door. Where do I get one?

As the title suggests, I have seen, literally only on the internet, pics of some 2nd gens as quad cabs. Were these factory made? If not, who does that kind of work and how costly is it? Probably not realistic cost wise, if cost alone is the primary concern. I can't find one for sale anywhere which leads me to believe they were never made this way and this is entirely aftermarket, but something I would absolutely love. Either way thanks for the answers!

Sorry I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread! Still learning the site!

Last edited by Dukagora; 03-19-2019 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Acknowledging posting in the wrong forum. Should be general!
Old 03-19-2019, 02:54 PM
HeikIlm
Captain
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

You are correct about that not being factory made. All are custom made, I've seen pictures on one that was really well made, fabricator used Suburban doors and panels which were made to look like factory Dodge panels. On a door, outer skin followed Dodge curves but the frame was Suburban. If I remember correctly, whole rear door section of the Suburban body was welded to a Dodge cab.
Also, some custom shop built 12 of those from '97 Rams, IIRC some company from Southern America ordered them.

Old 12-26-2022, 07:26 PM
Kendoll
Default Wrong

Wrong, wrong, wrong!

The year was 1994, i bought a brand new truck, it had four big doors, it was a 3500 srt, manual, 5.9 cummins. I ordered it that way. It was royal blue. It rusted up and died a painful death. It was the best truck ever. Just a bit too long with an 8' bed.

Old 12-26-2022, 07:33 PM
Kendoll

None of them were custom made!
All were from the factory! I've never seen one that has been custom built from a two door or a club cab. Where would you get the rear doors from? You don't ! You can't get rear doors. I built a first gen, crew cab, 4x4, 1ton, manual.
It will never see salt.

Old 12-26-2022, 10:27 PM
Keith_L
Record Breaker
Received 122 Likes on 110 Posts

Yeah the one time I saw them build one on Diesel Brothers they said it was factory, just rare. I've never seen one in the wild personally.

Old 12-27-2022, 02:32 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

There are two around me for sell. 50K each not worth it in my opinion.

Old 12-27-2022, 06:38 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

I ordered it that way.
Tell us more, The extended cabs didn't come out till 96 so how could you get one with 4 large doors from the factory? Unless the factory made them as they did in the 70's as order only. I never seen one or seen any documentation that they where even available.

Old 12-27-2022, 06:32 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 573 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparite
Tell us more, The extended cabs didn't come out till 96 so how could you get one with 4 large doors from the factory? Unless the factory made them as they did in the 70's as order only. I never seen one or seen any documentation that they where even available.

For years Dodge had a Special Equipment Group. They built the 1957-59 Sweptside trucks by putting station wagon quarter panels on the sides of the bed. As long as it was safe, they could do anything to trucks that a customer needed. If it's still around, they may have come from there.

Old 12-28-2022, 05:40 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

IF it was a "factory" option i think it would be in the sales brochure. Unless it was something that was available in Mexico like the second gen Ramcharger.

Old 12-28-2022, 10:21 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparite
IF it was a "factory" option i think it would be in the sales brochure. Unless it was something that was available in Mexico like the second gen Ramcharger.
I keep seeing conflicting info on this. Factory option vs. Aftermarket conversion...... Or a a factory authorized aftermarket conversion..... Hard to say what it actually is... and yeah, I have also seen that they were only available in Mexico..... Hhhmmm...... I have never personally seen one though. But, I HAVE seen a SIX door Ford 1 ton. And yes, it was built by a local body shop.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2nd Gen Quad Cab/true 4 door. Where do I get one?