DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   What is the best all around mud tire out there??? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/84667-what-is-the-best-all-around-mud-tire-out-there.html)

diehardpolice 12-09-2006 11:11 PM

What is the best all around mud tire out there???

What do you guys think is the best alla around mud tire? It needs to be very capable off road but also civilized on the street.

RamOwna 12-10-2006 02:15 AM

RE: What is the best all around mud tire out there???

the super swamper is (in my opinion) the best mud tire out there, on the road i don't know, i know it is a "soft compound" where as the ground hawg (for example only) is a hard compound, meaning the ground hawg's tread would last that little bit longer... albeit i don't know first hand though how much longer though... just know the compound difference

Ram1500Dodge 12-10-2006 02:19 AM

i vote for the dayton timberline MT....but thats not a choice..damn it

radwebster 12-10-2006 03:08 AM

didnt add baja claw..

Socha_62 12-10-2006 03:33 AM

TSL, loud, but who gives a crap. Will last long then Boggers on the street.

mopar98 12-10-2006 03:49 AM

Again I will state that I was quite fond of my buckshots I had on my truck ,the only reason I changed to the Dayon Timberlines was they were a lot quieter.
U should also look at the Creepy Crawler tire Maxxis makes they also have a tire called a Bighorn . Which is very luggy and is siped alot looks like a good tire I'm thinkn about buying them.

20dodgeram01 12-10-2006 02:52 PM

nitto grabbers are some niiiceee tires too.. those things have side grabbers that stick out a good 2 inches

diehardpolice 12-10-2006 06:56 PM

I want to get a set of the mud grapplers, but don't know anybody that has them, do any of you guys?!?!

Tani1500 12-10-2006 08:28 PM

mud grapplers are great tires ( ive never run them, just what i heard) theres loud, have ok tread wear, and are good in the mud, there price how ever is insane!

BFG's im not every fond of. there an OK mud tire. handle good on the road when its "dry" otherwise have fun. they last around 30k if well rotated.

Goodyear wranglers are good, ( maybe be my next tire, cant deside between them and irocks) they wear very well on the road, handle great and are good in the mud and rocks.

any swamper is gunna be great in the mud but lacking in on road performance. most have low speed ratings as well.

the boggers is amazing in the mud but i wouldnt run them unless thats all your gunna do is mud bogs every 3 days a week. for one they grip so well that they cause tons of strain on your truck. there also a heavy tire. on the road there horrible, sounds like a damn tanks coming down the street, they pull all over the place. and they wear extreamly quick.

the only other tire i can speak for its the procomp MT, im running them now, first impression is there a great tire. does very well on mud and in the rocks, grips extremely well. on the hiway, there extemely quite and handle awsome, had them to 108 MPH ! and they did fine. there siped unlike the bfg's. my only compaint is there wearing very fast. im sure my driving habits dont help but.

20dodgeram01 12-10-2006 09:11 PM

had my goodyear MT/r's up to about 110.. they held up too lol (thank god)