2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stock infinity amp mess

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 04:03 PM
jetgirl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock infinity amp mess

Tip: I have the half-moon mini amps on the front speakers using the stock wiring setup, not an aftermarket amp.

Noticed when I got the truck that the drivers side speakers weren't working. Since it's a 98 it had an old tape deck which I decided to replace with a CD player with AUX for my phone. Easy enough, having done the same thing on my old subaru a few years ago.

However. After swapping the speakers first (tape deck still in) that I suddenly had power to the rear drivers side speaker. About a day later I installed the new Pioneer deck and lost power to the passenger front speaker, leaving me with only the rears working.

After combing through a few other forums I found out that I had not connected the blue amp wire to the new deck, doing so gave me full power to the front speakers .... but now I have no power to the rear suicide door speakers.

What is this I can't even.

Quick Reply: Stock infinity amp mess