2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

FASTMAN installed Problems!?

Old 03-17-2007, 04:44 AM
Rusty Nurf Bar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FASTMAN installed Problems!?

So I stalled the holly fastman 50mm TB for my 99 sport ram 5.2 and everything went smooth however my gas pedal is pretty much all the way to the floor as if there is no tension any more and I can only push it down like a inch so obviously I cant accelerate very much. please let this be soemthing stupid and easy to fix because I just stuck my numb fingers in the fan and they really freakin hurt and im going insane because every time i work on my truck it is never easy, soemthing always goes wrong its so god @#%* annoying

Old 03-17-2007, 04:52 AM
Rusty Nurf Bar
Default RE: FASTMAN installed Problems!?

So I just went back out there at 1:49am and im thinking i might have the wires snaped on the wrong pulleys but my fingers hurt to bad to screw with it right now when its 25 degrees out and i gotta be at work at 9am............................................... .................... see how my luck is....any ways any input would be great, Im just gonna drive the other truck til i mess with this pos after work

thanks guys

Old 03-17-2007, 04:52 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the passenger side of the TB to make sure you reconnected the throttle cable correctly. It has to run under a grooved peice first before it goes up and snaps into place on the stud. I bet you just skipped that and ran it directly to the stud, that would result in a lot of slack. I know, not the best way to describe what I am talking about, so if you want a pic, let me know.

Old 03-17-2007, 05:03 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here you go, hope this helps.

[IMG]local://upfiles/9095/91D99622B3F8488787B7ECAF29C5A4CC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-17-2007, 05:12 AM
ShakyJay
Rookie

Almost can guarantee you ran cable wrong. It will act exactly as you describe.

Old 03-17-2007, 05:33 AM
Ozni

If you always mess something up when you work on it or can't figure it out I think you need to take step back slow down and reevaluate the situation take it slow so you can remember what you are doing and a camera works miracles when taking things apart that way you know which way it went back.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Rusty Nurf Bar

Just sliped the wire right back on the pully it must have poped off during clean up or soemthing, a bit of advise to MY SELF and any one else thats really eager to work on your truck....if your going to do it....dont do it in the dark : ) , Thanks to all who replied.
I now have the Volant CAI and the 50mm fastman and reset the computer by removing the negative side battery. and from what I read I should be seeing some improvements anywhere from 40 to 200 miles correct?

and one last thing I looked down the( intake manifold? ) to see if any oil was pooling at the bottom, I didnt see any oil on the bottom at all but on the passenger side wall I saw a fair amount of oil, it was residue, but it didnt look like a leak exactly ethier I can take a pic later on to better explain my self but just wnated to get that out there

Old 03-17-2007, 01:10 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i put mine on wrong the first time i had it off, going over the black guide instead of over it, and it wasn't even dark.
let us know how you like the TB.
plenum - you will have some oil residue on the walls under the pvc ports. mine had a small nipple on the passenger side, where it was connected to a true pvc in valve cover. it also had a larger nipple on driver side, directly above the nipple for the brake booster. i'm not really sure what this is, looks like just an air leak to me. i'm going to plug both mine off at intake, and just put a breather element in both valve covers. might be a mistake - i don't know. anyway, both of those will be stained from sucking dirty oily air into the intake. because of the way the engine tilts a little toward the rear, i saw only a little oil in the bottom. once i took it off it had a good bit rolling around in there, at least a cup full.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Rusty Nurf Bar
Default RE: FASTMAN installed

No real noticble gains just yet but im only at about 33 miles Im really hoping (croses fingers) I dont really get to do any highway driving now because the route I use for work is closed for the next couple months due to a huge reconstruction "Super 70" yah..yah..yah...cant wait to get on there tho. So after a CAI and a TB what kind of mods have some of you guys done next? Im still pretty novice at this stuff learning as I go and usually installing soemthing wrong the first time around But I do enjoy it most the time

Old 03-18-2007, 12:38 AM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: FASTMAN installed

most will suggest

chip
headers
gearing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FASTMAN installed Problems!?