3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

I'm beginning to hate this truck...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 07:58 PM
Colt Hamilton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm beginning to hate this truck...

I have an 05 dakota that recently the driver side headlight and taillight went out simultaneously. Same night. The bulbs look fine. I believe the fuses are fine though I can't find a decent diagram other than the one on the lid. I've read that there is and isn't an interior box, though I can't find one. Does this sound more like a wiring issue? If so, where do I start or how do I check it. I'm baffled as to why only one side would go out. Blinkers all work fine. Brake lights all work. Any ideas would be super awesome

Old 04-19-2018, 01:45 AM
daktwos
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Fuses are in the PDC(power distribution center) which is located under the hood on the drivers side,behind the battery,on top of the fender.

The bulbs need to be tested.you can't always tell just by looking at them.Run a fused jumper wires from a 12v source.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:46 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

issues with the forward control module, my 05 did the same, we by-passed the wiring by splicing into the trailer harness and all issues went away. dodge put the fcm outside the fuse box so it starts to corrode inside

Quick Reply: I'm beginning to hate this truck...