3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

3rd Gen Dakota Photo Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 01:35 AM
BigDKota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my 05 Kota ... it was bone stock when I inhierited it a few months ago.

Old 10-23-2019, 07:35 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Nice looking truck!

Old 05-19-2020, 09:36 AM
Eric moore
Default 06 dak 4x4

Old 05-19-2020, 10:57 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Nice! Love the fender flares! Same color as mine.

Old 10-20-2020, 09:34 AM
wingman7000
Rookie

Originally Posted by twocooldaks
wingman, the tires are 275/50/20 falkens, slight rub, easily fixed. and dakotaff, pics of your truck inspired me a lot when I bought mine last feb, after m 02 R/T got totaled. I still think about adding a bumblebee stripe to mine, but the TRX decals have grown on me. I still haven't seen another 3rd gen TRX 2wd.
How have you liked your tires? I am looking at getting new ones and am currently running 275 45 20. I want a taller tire and think the 275 50 20 would be perfect given I don't want to lift or trim. Where did your tires rub? What did you do to fix it?

Old 03-06-2021, 01:04 AM
DakotaG7542
Default Check out my Mint condition 08 Dakota

I thought you’d like to see another Dakota that is still in excellent shape despite being 14 years old. Here she is...

I love this truck. I do all the mechanical work on it myself and I keep it in immaculate condition both in appearance and mechanically. People always think it’s a new truck.

She’s still going strong after all these years and never let me down once. 220000km (137,000miles) on the odometer and she always fires up on the first turn every time...

Purrs like a kitten, no lifter tap whatsoever... I’ve used nothing but Royal Purple Synthetic Oil since day 1 and switched to Pennzoil Pure Plus technology 3 oil changes ago and I can report that this engine still runs like new despite being beaten rodded and abused, even in -50 weather it starts right up every time and runs like a top. .

It also pulls a 5500lbs camper like a champ with my suspension mods and shifts like a dream.

I love this truck and if they came out with a new one today I’d buy it. I’m not a big guy and the Dakota is the perfect size for me and my needs.

The Dakota died a horrible death in 2005 when they let this British guy totally ruin the design. They made it too low and too grandpa-ish. I however saw potential if a few changes were made. I lifted the truck 3” and leveled it with heavy duty struts. Air bags in the rear for hauling. (I love the level look)

About My Truck:

It’s a 2008 Dodge Dakota SXT 4x4 with 4.7L V8, purchased new in the Fall of 2008

Features:
-Superchips FlashPack tuner
-5 speed automatic
-Royal Purple synthetic from day 1
-K&N Cold Air Intake
-magnaflow dual tip cat back exhaust
-mech fan delete and e-fan conversion
-265/75R16 Wild Country Tires
-Powder Coated rims black
-LineX coated box
-Air Raid Throttle body Spacer
-Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags on the rear axle
-Heavy Duty Struts (levels the truck)
-3” Performance Accessories body lift
-tow package added
-fender flares
-AVS window ventshades
-Blacked out front fascia
-custom retrofit halo headlights
-all lights converted to LEDs
-custom molded sub box behind back seat
-aftermarket touch screen radio head unit
-new paint job in 2018
-Custom decals
-Ram Dakota rebadged
-folding Tonneau Cover
-Supreme Suspensions Front Diff Drop

Well I wanted to share my truck with you guys. I’m so happy with it that I plan to drive it until it won’t go anymore, OR Ram releases a new Dakota that beats the new Frontier which I am in love with. But my baby still drives like a brand new truck so I can’t bear to part with it.

Last edited by DakotaG7542; 03-06-2021 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:19 PM
ODXBeef
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Still have this truck. The winch install was going rather well until I was about 2 inches too low on my measurement for cutting the bumper cover so now I have an additional cooling intake under the fairlead... The rear softopper window finally split after 6 years when it saw its first Michigan winter. Just moved up to MI so looking forward to exploring the peninsula.

Quick Reply: 3rd Gen Dakota Photo Thread