DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Dakota general discussion (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-dakota-general-discussion-152/)
-   -   New Part (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-dakota-general-discussion/261342-new-part.html)

Eimer123 09-17-2010 08:34 PM

New Part

Well new PARTS lol

Well my company is back to working full time!!! Finally after 8 months of cut hours. I have also picked up some high paying side jobs, computer repair, building some cabinets, and a kitchen refinish.

So I figured i better buy some parts while the money is around.

Parts list

HHR Fan - (INSTALLED) - $54 shipped (new)
Spal V3 controller - (INSTALLED) - $102 shipped (new)
180 - thermostat - (INSTALLED) - $4 (new)
High performance water pump - (INSTALLED) - $58 (new)
New engine belt - (INSTALLED) - $12 (new)
Coolant Flush - (INSTALLED) - $45 (new)
Intermediate shaft - (INSTALLED & FIXED STEERING ISSUE!!!!) - $168 shipped (new v2 shaft)
New Rack - (if the intermediate shaft doesn't fix my issue)
Body Lift - (CANCELED)
Cold air intake AEM Brute Force - (INSTALLED) - $175 shipped (new)
Exhaust system - if any money is left - (NO MONEY LEFT LMAO)
Mobil 1 extended full synthetic motor oil - $39 (free $12.99 Mobil 1 synthetic filter) (Auto zone deal with purchase of 5 quarts)

Total investment so far just under $700 (yea it adds up fast)

All the work I did myself!

Now time to save up for a Programmer!

If anyone needs a right up on any of these items SPEAK UP (as you may have seen from my wood grain bezel to silver I make them as detailed as possible, with lots of pics!)

ericemery 09-18-2010 01:41 AM

what is your steering issue? My neighbor said he was having a "choppy" turning steering wheel, so I crawled around for a few minutes and found his intermediate shafts joints were rusted real bad. I hit them with some penetrating oil to loosen up the crud, took a small wire brush to them,and lubed them up with some white lithium grease. steers like a new truck.

Eimer123 09-18-2010 12:43 PM

Hmm lets see. symptoms include but not limited to lots of play in steering, ticking feeling while turning, wheels feel like they are tracking which ever way they want. Front end feels like its gonna fall off. Everything has been replaced on the front end besides the rack and intermediate shaft. If it is not one of those I might take my rifle and pump some rounds into the engine block.

ericemery 09-18-2010 01:58 PM

that sounds more like a rack than an intermediate shaft to me. especially the tracking whatever way.

Eimer123 09-18-2010 09:25 PM

I have a feeling that both parts are worn and will be replacing both.

Eimer123 09-22-2010 05:48 PM

All the parts are almost here! just waiting for the Spal to arrive!

Blown287 09-23-2010 12:07 AM

Glad to hear things are getting better at work. That is a good parts list and I hope the install goes well.

Eimer123 10-13-2010 08:43 AM

All the parts are finally in my truck!!! Truck feels brand new and with all the mods its really runs great! Better performance overall, better throttle response, better gas millage, sounds better than ever before! I couldn't be happier with all the mods for the cheap price tag I ended up for everything!

jkeaton 10-13-2010 09:17 AM

I wanna see the thermostat, fan and controller install.....

gjmoran 12-07-2010 04:49 PM

i second the fan install!!